Ashland vs Elliot County predictions

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if the game is close I take Ashland, if the game is by more than 10 I take Elliott. Elliott has to push out ahead in order to win. No close games for the Lions...they are very capable of beating Ashland by double figures. I think they learned a lot about themselves at the class "A" and now will regroup and make their run to RUPP...

The 16th region is really up in the air this year. Russell is the #1 and has proven that but after Russell I think the next 7 teams can all beat eachother any given night. Ashland and Elliott are the top 2 contenders to knock Russell off the mountain, and this game will prove who's the top contender.

The 16th region is really up in the air this year. Russell is the #1 and has proven that but after Russell I think the next 7 teams can all beat eachother any given night. Ashland and Elliott are the top 2 contenders to knock Russell off the mountain, and this game will prove who's the top contender.

I have to disagree. Any of the top seven can beat Russell. Russell is IMO the best team but they have some glaring weaknesses.

All that this game will prove is that both teams will be in contention. Unless there is blowout, which is highly doubtful, neither one of these teams will seperate themselves as the "top contender".

One thing that should be noted is the Coach Mays of Elliott has been tied up with the all A(16th region representative) all week.This could hurt the prep time that Elliott has for Ashland.

Prep time? Do you really think Elliot will change anything in their game for Ashland? I don't, Ashland has the edge inside, Ellliot has the edge on the perimeter, If Ferguson is not 100%, and Elliot takes their normal class A hit,

Ashland will win this game, those will be the factors, not "prep time"

On the other hand , Elliot won't have any problem playing "buddy ball":thumb:

Faulkners will combine for 30+ , and Elliot will press to try and keep the ball from getting inside to Bonner and Mcdavid

Prep time? Do you really think Elliot will change anything in their game for Ashland? I don't, Ashland has the edge inside, Ellliot has the edge on the perimeter, If Ferguson is not 100%, and Elliot takes their normal class A hit,

Ashland will win this game, those will be the factors, not "prep time"

On the other hand , Elliot won't have any problem playing "buddy ball":thumb:

Faulkners will combine for 30+ , and Elliot will press to try and keep the ball from getting inside to Bonner and Mcdavid

My point was that the head coach probably has not been with the team for 3-4 days before a big game.I'm sure that the assistants have been running practice but what team wouldn't want the head man at practice.

It will be interesting to see if the student section shows up.

I'll take the Lion Heart Elliott Boys by 6 at home

The out of controll Ashland student section may not set well with the friendly people in Elliott County. I know last year the Ashland student section was calling the Elliott boys "Inbread" I'm sure the Elliott Co. administration will have someone standing right in front of the Ashland student section to stop these kind of comments. :fight: