Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I almost got into a fight yesterday

Featured Replies

For the first time since 1996, I almost came to blows with someone. There is a young autistic girl who works at McDonald’s and I was in there getting some coffee. Her job is to just hang around dining room, pick up garbage, and sweep a little bit. She’s the cutest little thing, and she goes up and smiles at everyone and says “hi.” She usually says hi to the same people three or four times while they eat.

This older gentleman, probably in his late 50s, starts yelling at her and making her cry. Apparently he was annoyed that she kept coming over to say hi to him. He kept yelling “stay back. I’m trying to eat “ of course he had no food in front of him. He was only waiting.

Me being a good Christian man on on Easter Sunday start yelling at him saying “she’s fine. You need to stop. She’s just trying to be nice!” He then walks out of McDonald’s and I, in my best effort to be preacher of the year, continue to yell in the parking lot telling him he should not just scream at a special needs person.
 

He gets in his pick up truck and my emotions continue to get the best of me and I yell one more time and then I get my cell phone out pretending like I am taking a picture of his pick up truck. At this point, I thought I probably took it too far and he gave me a really nasty look, so I quickly ran back inside McDonald’s to get my coffee.

When was the last time any of you were in a little fisticuffs?

First of all, you were 100% in the right and you handled yourself MUCH better than I would have in that scenario. 

We need more people like you, and less of the other guy. 

When I was young, I didn't get into fights regarding myself.  However, there was this time when someone made fun of my mom who had breast cancer and had gotten a mastectomy.  I held up right hand as if I was going to throw a punch.  He looked at my right hand in the air.  He never knew that I was really left handed until he hit the ground.  

On 4/21/2025 at 6:41 PM, nkypete said:

When I was young, I didn't get into fights regarding myself.  However, there was this time when someone made fun of my mom who had breast cancer and had gotten a mastectomy.  I held up right hand as if I was going to throw a punch.  He looked at my right hand in the air.  He never knew that I was really left handed until he hit the ground.  

Being a fellow lefty, it always helps in the fight game.  ?

Growing up in the west end of a certain nameless city, I found myself in stupid fights throughout my childhood and teen years....usually in some alley and usually between those of us that went to the Catholic grade school and those that went to the public school.  Nobody I fought ever was very good at fighting and neither was I so no damage done to any person.  Same people that fought were playing "strike out" or tag football the next day in the same alley.  

On 4/24/2025 at 1:00 PM, cincyswords said:

Being a fellow lefty, it always helps in the fight game.  ?

Growing up in the west end of a certain nameless city, I found myself in stupid fights throughout my childhood and teen years....usually in some alley and usually between those of us that went to the Catholic grade school and those that went to the public school.  Nobody I fought ever was very good at fighting and neither was I so no damage done to any person.  Same people that fought were playing "strike out" or tag football the next day in the same alley.  

Ah, yes. The mean streets of Mt. Airy. 

Sadly....

Supervising an ER when a patient attempted to rape one of my nurses in one of our back rooms. I approached the situation calmly intent on just keeping him around long enough for law enforcement to get there and do the dirty work. When he swung at me, all bets were off. By the time the 6 male nurses/techs working were done, they transported him from our ER to the local trauma center for medical clearance prior to carting him off to jail. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.