Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2025 Conner Cougars

Featured Replies

IMO…..Conner will win 9 regular season games.  The kids and families are great and most if not all went through a successful youth and middle school program.  All of that hard work will pay off and now having Coach Rash in place as well as playing in honor for Coach Trosper will be a major impact.  

I’m wishing the Football program and families the best this season.

Edited by The_Bull44

With the time off for dead period, how long of an adjustment will it be to transform from Coach Trospers game plan to Coach Rash?

2 hours ago, The_Bull44 said:

IMO…..Conner will win 9 regular season games.  The kids and families are great and most if not all went through a successful youth and middle school program.  All of that hard work will pay off and now having Coach Rash in place as well as playing in honor for Coach Trosper will be a major impact.  

I’m wishing the Football program and families the best this season.

Not sure I agree, but stranger things have happened. The non district schedule isn't overly challenging. I would expect 5-5, 6-4, 7-3? Then maybe a playoff upset or two. 

It also depends on whether Coach Rash installs his defense (which will be a major adjustment for the players and even more so for the coaches -- this is where not having a few Rash assistants will make things more interesting).

If they stick to what they ran last year  it will depend on personnel matching the scheme. Last years scheme looks and feels a lot different than Rash's scheme to me, but that doesn't mean I am right.


I think that the head coach will push the theory he has lived by his entire coaching career which is: If you want to win big games in November, you must be able to run the football AND stop the run.

A lot will depend on the big picture. If this is a short term gig, I can't see a major install or changes taking place. More of an overseer role ensuring the kids have a good experience after the tragedy of losing their coach.

I will say this to the Conner people (and I tried to get this across in the other thread), Conner will be focusing on Conner. There is not going to be same type of excuses and focus on matters outside of 3310 Cougar Path Road.

2 hours ago, gbballfan21 said:

Not sure I agree, but stranger things have happened. The non district schedule isn't overly challenging. I would expect 5-5, 6-4, 7-3? Then maybe a playoff upset or two. 

It also depends on whether Coach Rash installs his defense (which will be a major adjustment for the players and even more so for the coaches -- this is where not having a few Rash assistants will make things more interesting).

If they stick to what they ran last year  it will depend on personnel matching the scheme. Last years scheme looks and feels a lot different than Rash's scheme to me, but that doesn't mean I am right.


I think that the head coach will push the theory he has lived by his entire coaching career which is: If you want to win big games in November, you must be able to run the football AND stop the run.

A lot will depend on the big picture. If this is a short term gig, I can't see a major install or changes taking place. More of an overseer role ensuring the kids have a good experience after the tragedy of losing their coach.

I will say this to the Conner people (and I tried to get this across in the other thread), Conner will be focusing on Conner. There is not going to be same type of excuses and focus on matters outside of 3310 Cougar Path Road.

100% on the assistant coaches.  Most are still at Beechwood and they are the BEST.

On 6/21/2025 at 3:28 PM, gbballfan21 said:

It also depends on whether Coach Rash installs his defense

I remember one trademark of his defenses at one point use to be finding the most nasty of the nastiest nose tackles. He wasnt scared to put undersized guys in there who were just dawgs.

On 6/21/2025 at 3:28 PM, gbballfan21 said:

Not sure I agree, but stranger things have happened. The non district schedule isn't overly challenging. I would expect 5-5, 6-4, 7-3? Then maybe a playoff upset or two. 

It also depends on whether Coach Rash installs his defense (which will be a major adjustment for the players and even more so for the coaches -- this is where not having a few Rash assistants will make things more interesting).

If they stick to what they ran last year  it will depend on personnel matching the scheme. Last years scheme looks and feels a lot different than Rash's scheme to me, but that doesn't mean I am right.


I think that the head coach will push the theory he has lived by his entire coaching career which is: If you want to win big games in November, you must be able to run the football AND stop the run.

A lot will depend on the big picture. If this is a short term gig, I can't see a major install or changes taking place. More of an overseer role ensuring the kids have a good experience after the tragedy of losing their coach.

I will say this to the Conner people (and I tried to get this across in the other thread), Conner will be focusing on Conner. There is not going to be same type of excuses and focus on matters outside of 3310 Cougar Path Road.

I think he installs his schemes and I agree there will be a ton of running the football because that won him a boat load of games. He is best at doing what he knows. I don't see him taking a job and doing things the same way they were done before he was there regardless of why the job became available. I think he lays the foundation for the next coach to build off of whether that's a 1 year or multiple years down the road. I don't see him not trying to give Conner everything he has because at the end of the day he would be shorting Conner of a great opportunity and also shorting himself of time he could be spending with his family and doing something else he enjoys. If he still enjoys being a hbc he is going to go all in on it.

Whether it is one year, two years, or five years plus, Coach Rash will be 100% all in and he will create a major mark on Cougar football.  Just a great hire.

Just read an article by the Northern Kentucky Tribune.

These are some quotes from Rash in it.

“I’m here to steer the ship for a year until they have the time to hire the right person for this job,” Rash says of his limited time as head coach. “I’m not going to come in and change everything and say we’re going to do it the way we did at Beechwood. It wouldn’t be fair to these young men” as close as it is to the start of summer workouts.

 “David and I were very similar in coaching 14-to-18-year-old young men, both of us would talk about what a great experience we had in high school football as players, how it was life-changing for us, and we want the same thing for them,”

The goal here is a simple one, Rash says: “It’s about honoring Dave and having a great season,” but not to become a Boone County version of his Beechwood program. “I’m not here to do that.”

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.