Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott HS @ Highlands 1/29

Featured Replies

The Eagles are playing pretty good basketball right now. Don't know if Simpson will play in this game or not, but even if he does and is 100% or close to it, I still think Scott wins the game by 9.

 

On a side not, I did hear tonight that Tyler Baker becomes eligible for Scott on February 6. If this true and he knows the plays, I think he takes Quigley's (he is out for the season)spot in the starting line-up. This will help Scott out quite a bit.

Scott is still playing very well and I don't know if Highlands will be able to keep up with the Eagles. Sharp is shooting the ball real well and I expect him to do the same against the Bluebirds.

 

I take Scott by 15

What happened to Quigley? I think Scott can prevail because they have excellent guard play and can shoot the ball. The Birds will not lay down at home but it will be tough to get a victory with Simpson and McGraw out. Not sure on Simpson so that is a presumption.

  • Author
What happened to Quigley? I think Scott can prevail because they have excellent guard play and can shoot the ball. The Birds will not lay down at home but it will be tough to get a victory with Simpson and McGraw out. Not sure on Simpson so that is a presumption.

 

 

Chris Quigley broke his wrist against Brossart and is probably done for the season. Big loss to the Eagles, but hopefully with Tyler Baker becoming eligible in the next week or so it won't be so bad for Scott.

The Eagles are playing pretty good basketball right now. Don't know if Simpson will play in this game or not, but even if he does and is 100% or close to it, I still think Scott wins the game by 9.

 

On a side not, I did hear tonight that Tyler Baker becomes eligible for Scott on February 6. If this true and he knows the plays, I think he takes Quigley's (he is out for the season)spot in the starting line-up. This will help Scott out quite a bit.

 

Scott should handle Highlands fairly easily. If the get Baker watch out, he can play, Is it official that Quigley is out for the season, i heard there is a chance he is back by districts.

Scott should handle Highlands fairly easily. If the get Baker watch out, he can play, Is it official that Quigley is out for the season, i heard there is a chance he is back by districts.

No one handles Highlands easily in Ft. Thomas. You can guarantee they will play solid half court defense. Dont count the birds out Monday night.

That's surprising that Baker is going to be eligible. Its his third or fourth high school in three years and he played varsity at the last one. I am surprised the KHSAA is allowing him to be eligible.

I like Scott they are playing to well right now for me to take Highlands in this one i go Scott 50-44 Low Scoring affair.......I dont care who you are Going to Higlands and winning big is very difficult to do.....If Scott gets Baker that would be HUGE!!!!

scott will win with ease. simpson is all highlands has and if shut down the team shuts down

That's surprising that Baker is going to be eligible. Its his third or fourth high school in three years and he played varsity at the last one. I am surprised the KHSAA is allowing him to be eligible.

 

And if they are allowing him, what took so long?? It's either black or white isn't it?? :confused:

  • Author
That's surprising that Baker is going to be eligible. Its his third or fourth high school in three years and he played varsity at the last one. I am surprised the KHSAA is allowing him to be eligible.

 

 

It really is not that surprising that Baker is eligible.

I watched Baker play at CCA as a sophmore and this kid can flat out play, he brings a complete game to the table. 1st off he is a tremendous athlete he can hop out of a gym and shot over guys by elevating over them. He can stroke the outside shot, He handles the ball very well too,, and is very affective in transition,,,,,Needs to be a better defender though that is my only fall, and he has always played on a team where he is the Guy,,,We will see if he can play unselfish ball.. What this does is give Scott is a huge lift after losing Quigley, and another perimeter threat, a good rebounder from the guard spot and someone else that can handle the ball if Sharp is being hassled,,,Scott doesnt have really any good ball handlers out side of Sharp, but Baker will help.....

 

Now Scott loses 7 Senoirs to graduation and the only other guy with alot of varsity expericane is Sophmore Nick Hiller... but next year Baker will be a Senior and he already will be on every team's target list to be the guy to stop,,,the JV squad looks very good right now,,Throw Baker with them and you got your self a good team.....

Highlands is always a tough place to play. Look for the Eagles to grind out a victory similiar to Holmes win. Scott 56-48.

Well that makes 4 schools in three years for him then. I guess the transfer rules don't apply to him. Amazing........

Technically he can play he was at Cambell Co as a Freshman and then Transfered over to CCA a private school league,,,,Then he went to Calvary as a sophmore and played Varsity ball,,,Now he moved from Alexandria to Taylor Mill so as long as his familly moves he can play,,,I have seen this alot in the past few years Scott got the Harris Twins in 02 and they moved just 15 minutes down the road so they played their JR year at SK and SR year at Scott.....Nate Edmonson another one,,

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.