Matt Simms....

strike-3

Matt Simms reopens recruitment

I know that this has been discussed before right after Petrino vacated town, and all the UL guys were certain that he would still be a Card. This story paints a bit different picture perhaps. Whats the feeling in the 'Ville currently. Is Simms still leaning to UL? If not is Mustain still a possibility? I guess even if UL misses on both of these its not a huge priority right now. Another season of Brohm followed by Hunter's senior year gives them plenty of time to bring in another QB for the long term.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Simms reopens recruitment

I know that this has been discussed before right after Petrino vacated town, and all the UL guys were certain that he would still be a Card. This story paints a bit different picture perhaps. Whats the feeling in the 'Ville currently. Is Simms still leaning to UL? If not is Mustain still a possibility? I guess even if UL misses on both of these its not a huge priority right now. Another season of Brohm followed by Hunter's senior year gives them plenty of time to bring in another QB for the long term.

Simms is taking his visits, but in my very honest opinion is a Cardinal.

Mustain has re-enrolled at Arkansas to finish out the Spring, and the rumor is that was actually on Kragthorpe's advice. If Simms goes elsewhere, Louisville will be after Mustain, and my guess is he would probably come. But I don't think it comes to that, everything I've heard and read says Simms ends up at Louisville.

Simms is taking his visits, but in my very honest opinion is a Cardinal.

Mustain has re-enrolled at Arkansas to finish out the Spring, and the rumor is that was actually on Kragthorpe's advice. If Simms goes elsewhere, Louisville will be after Mustain, and my guess is he would probably come. But I don't think it comes to that, everything I've heard and read says Simms ends up at Louisville.

How would still being enrolled at Arkansas during the spring semester affect his participation in spring practice at his new school in 2008?

How would still being enrolled at Arkansas during the spring semester affect his participation in spring practice at his new school in 2008?

I don't think that it would affect it at all. Don't redshirt and transfer players usually get to practice with their new team until they become eligible as long as it is not an academic reason.

Mustain is probably doing it regarding eligibility.

See the Joe Crawford transfer issue.

If Mustain were to leave at the semester break he would forfeit 1 year and a half of eligibility. Because of the Letter of Intent guidelines.

:thumb:

He's finishing the year at Arkansas, but he's not rejoining the team.

I believe he is the 13th rated Pro-Style QB...which is what UL wants...Rivals has actually admitted to believing that he is under-rated as of now. With that, I think he has some mechanical improvements that need to be made, the real question is whether or not he will be willing to accept a redshirt, where as Mitch won't have any choice, and that would benefit Louisville as well.

He might as well have added 'so long as Matt Simms may sign.'

If Matt Simms weren't on the line, Louisville would be all over Mustain.

Mustain is not going to wait for Matt Simms. I believe Krag. Mustain is not coming to UL.