Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Estill County

Featured Replies

10 minutes ago, All State Baseball said:

Coach Marcum was relieved of his duties on Friday. 

Any reason why?

  • Author
Just now, LC-Flyboy said:

Any reason why?

No. I had just seen it was posted on Facebook that he was relieved of his duties. 
 

I think this is a grave mistake on Estill’s part.

5 minutes ago, LC-Flyboy said:

Any reason why?

From someone with zero inside knowledge on this one, my best guess is that someone in the administration wants to try to find someone new to theoretically get them past Bell County and Rockcastle County in the playoffs. Looking at Estill County from the "30,000 feet perspective," they just aren't made to be a program that is going to be able to do that year to year. If that is the reasoning for parting ways with Coach Marcum, then I definitely agree with @All State Baseball, it's a big mistake on the part of the Estill County administration.

  • Author

If I’m not mistaken, he had winning seasons in each of his years at Estill and even beat Rockcastle. 
 

As a die hard Engineer fan that I am, I just do not see them competing with Bell, Belfry or any of the big powerhouse programs and in order to beat those teams or even keep it close, you better have your air raid ready!

He also did amazing things with their track program.

I always felt like Coach Marcum was a great fit at Estill County. Maybe not the playoff success some are looking for, but he built a very consistent and solid program IMO. 

Unless there is some issue not known to the public, this is a HUGE mistake on their part.  Coach Marcum did a great job with that program.

20 hours ago, All State Baseball said:

If I’m not mistaken, he had winning seasons in each of his years at Estill and even beat Rockcastle. 
 

As a die hard Engineer fan that I am, I just do not see them competing with Bell, Belfry or any of the big powerhouse programs and in order to beat those teams or even keep it close, you better have your air raid ready!

I know the Engineers did have a win over Rockcastle County during Marcum's tenure, but I don't think (you'd have to double-check me on this) they have beaten Rock in the playoffs any time in recent memory. 

What I was alluding to in my post above, I think there's a good chance that Marcum's exit is the result of some administrator(s) thinking that Estill County should be more frequently making deeper runs in the playoffs. And as we both pointed out, the bigger programs like Bell County, Belfry, and now Rockcastle County appears to be joining them as much improved power, those programs are more often than not going to be providing the end of the line for Estill County's football seasons.

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I know the Engineers did have a win over Rockcastle County during Marcum's tenure, but I don't think (you'd have to double-check me on this) they have beaten Rock in the playoffs any time in recent memory.

Estill County has played Rockcastle County in the playoffs twice, falling in both 2019 and 2023.

Apparently on a thread, Brewer leaves Prestonsburg. Does he come to Estill? 

  • Author
2 minutes ago, BobbyKnight said:

Apparently on a thread, Brewer leaves Prestonsburg. Does he come to Estill? 

I think that would be an awesome hire. Had success at Powell. Even beat Estill a time or two if I’m not mistaken. But would he want the job or even be interested?

  • Author

Lots of rumors swirling that former Powell County and Prestonsburg head coach, Brandon Brewer has applied and is getting interviewed!

So this looks to be what both parties wanted. The day the job came open, it wasn’t 24 hours and Brewer resigned at PBurg. So if anyone else gets an interview, they are just wasting their time, correct? 

On 1/16/2024 at 8:14 PM, All State Baseball said:

Lots of rumors swirling that former Powell County and Prestonsburg head coach, Brandon Brewer has applied and is getting interviewed!

Does Brewer go to Hazard? They haven't introduced their new head coach from my understanding. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.