Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Glasgow at Hart County Predictions/Updates

Who wins? 39 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 11/11/2023 at 12:00 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

HartLogo.thumb.png.6604a29a6966c188e02cce683099407b.pngVSGlasgowLogo.thumb.png.ca27c444fff1715e47772db06d6dd156.png

District 2 Rematch 11/10/2023

Raiders 11-0 | Scotties 9-2

The Raiders remain unbeaten at 11-0 with a dominating 43-8 win over Webster. They enter this contest with a renewed passing game that was spurred on during these teams first matchup, and a rushing attack that is even more dangerous than the first matchup with #9 Clark Rexroat getting back to 100%. The Raiders are currently healthy, and firing on all cylinders. 

The Scotties bounced back after their losses to the Wildcats and Raiders, and are on a 3 game winning streak. The most recent being a second half turnaround to pull away from a close game and cruise to a 62-38 win over McLean County. 

This matchup should be electric. With warmer weather, and the heightened rivalry between these teams Munfordville is likely going to see a record-breaking crowd at this game come Friday. Dating back to 1999 Glasgow won 14 straight, but the Raiders have now taken home two straight wins over the Scotties both at home and away with both games being decided by 8 points or less. The previous matchup was an intense, and very close matchup with the Raiders pulling out a win on a last second hail mary touchdown. 

Stats of the Last Matchup:

 

Hart; Rushing: 215, Passing: 86.

Glasgow; Rushing: 158, Passing: 215.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • We absolutely agree there, however, I couldn't tell you the last time Barren or Metcalfe won back to back games over Glasgow. I'd say it's been quite a while. Would be shocked to hear if it even happe

  • This should be a great game!  Really interested to see how this version plays out. Hart seems on a mission, but have to think Glasgow has that revenge factor to sour their mouths on. Should

  • DevilMayCare
    DevilMayCare

    From afar, Hart seems like the more consistent team. If Glasgow has another first half like last week, I don't see them coming back this time. If they pick up where they left of against McLean County,

Posted Images

Guaranteed to be a great game, whoever wins.

 

This should be a great game!  Really interested to see how this version plays out.

Hart seems on a mission, but have to think Glasgow has that revenge factor to sour their mouths on.

Should be a close game.

On 11/7/2023 at 8:35 AM, Purple88 said:

This should be a great game!  Really interested to see how this version plays out.

Hart seems on a mission, but have to think Glasgow has that revenge factor to sour their mouths on.

Should be a close game.

From afar, Hart seems like the more consistent team. If Glasgow has another first half like last week, I don't see them coming back this time. If they pick up where they left of against McLean County, the Scotties could pour it on early. A rolling start for Glasgow could doom Hart, considering their more ground oriented style.

This one's too close to call, really. The way Vol. 1 ended with the hail mary makes you wonder if the Raiders are a team of destiny. I'm choosing to believe they are.

They've backed up the win in Glasgow with victories over Franklin-Simpson and Campbellsville. They clearly have the fortitude and belief it takes to win close games. Plus, it's at home. I think they'll feed off the energy from the crowd and do just enough to advance. No hail mary needed this time.

  • Author
1 minute ago, DevilMayCare said:

The way Vol. 1 ended with the hail mary makes you wonder if the Raiders are a team of destiny. I'm choosing to believe they are.

Funny you say that. That's exactly what a Hart County coach said on the sideline right after the hail mary TD at Glasgow, "It's destiny. We are destined for this."

I probably could be swayed either way.

Glasgow is more talented than Hart, IMO. Off that alone it should make the difference in most HS football games, especially in Kentucky.

For whatever reason, I feel Glasgow shoots themselves in the foot more than any good team in the area. Whether that be penalties, situational awareness, coaching, etc. I will leave that up to the eye of the beholder. This game being in Munfordville makes a difference to me.

I'm going with another defensive battle with Hart inching it out. But if Glasgow can pick up where they left off in the 2H against McLean last week and leave the past behind them, there is zero doubt in my mind that they can pull this one out also.

7 minutes ago, CoachLawler said:

Funny you say that. That's exactly what a Hart County coach said on the sideline right after the hail mary TD at Glasgow, "It's destiny. We are destined for this."

Depends on what you mean by team of destiny. If they think they are destined to win a state title than that is not happening.

  • Author
12 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

Depends on what you mean by team of destiny. If they think they are destined to win a state title than that is not happening.

You've made a negative comment on my last two posts about Hart County. Got a feeling they may have beat your team this year.

Edited by CoachLawler
typos

4 hours ago, CoachLawler said:

You've made a negative comment on my last two posts about Hart County. Got a feeling they may have beat your team this year.

Nothing to do with any negativity towards there team but be realistic they are not winning the state title.

4 hours ago, CoachLawler said:

You've made a negative comment on my last two posts about Hart County. Got a feeling they may have beat your team this year.

And yeah they’ve beat Glasgow this year but it happens if you beat a team enough they are bound to flip the script eventually. 

13 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

And yeah they’ve beat Glasgow this year but it happens if you beat a team enough they are bound to flip the script eventually. 

Hart County has beaten them the past two years. The burden of proof is on Glasgow to show they can beat the Raiders and close out a game against them. Hart has already shown they are capable. Glasgow has a large talent gap over them, so it is going to come down to coaching and limiting self inflicted wounds. It always does for the Scotties. They are fully capable but at the end of the day, its going to come down to which Glasgow team shows up.

6 minutes ago, BillNye said:

Hart County has beaten them the past two years. The burden of proof is on Glasgow to show they can beat the Raiders and close out a game against them. Hart has already shown they are capable. Glasgow has a large talent gap over them, so it is going to come down to coaching and limiting self inflicted wounds. It always does for the Scotties. They are fully capable but at the end of the day, its going to come down to which Glasgow team shows up.

The point I was trying to make was Glasgow lead Hart head to head 18-1 coming in to last season sooner or later Hart was bound to get a team and win a couple. Metcalfe did it Barren did it when you dominate a team for years sooner or later they are going to win a couple. My other point which seemed to make people mad was Hart is not winning state, that’s no disrespect towards Hart they have a good team, so does Glasgow, Franklin, Union and some others but they ain’t beating CAL, Lexington Catholic and probably not Central.People were saying it was destiny for them this year now they might have meant destined for something else but they ain’t destined to win state.

3 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

The point I was trying to make was Glasgow lead Hart head to head 18-1 coming in to last season sooner or later Hart was bound to get a team and win a couple. Metcalfe did it Barren did it when you dominate a team for years sooner or later they are going to win a couple. My other point which seemed to make people mad was Hart is not winning state, that’s no disrespect towards Hart they have a good team, so does Glasgow, Franklin, Union and some others but they ain’t beating CAL, Lexington Catholic and probably not Central.People were saying it was destiny for them this year now they might have meant destined for something else but they ain’t destined to win state.

We absolutely agree there, however, I couldn't tell you the last time Barren or Metcalfe won back to back games over Glasgow. I'd say it's been quite a while. Would be shocked to hear if it even happened over the last two or three decades. I'll let you educate me on that. 

That being said, I'm strictly talking about this game. I'm not a fan of either team, but I'd think if I was a Glasgow fan I would be a bit uneasy about this game.

What may or may not happen in the next month is anybody's guess. If Hart wins this game there is a chance they wouldn't have to see CAL, Central, or Catholic til the State Championship game as long as the right situation lines up. I guess I'm just not as ready to quickly dismiss either one of these teams from having some success going forward. Now that's not me saying either of these teams could win state. Just pointing out that these are still kids and every week there could be a new set of variables. 

Should be a very fun game and lively atmosphere in Munfordville Friday night.

7 hours ago, BillNye said:

We absolutely agree there, however, I couldn't tell you the last time Barren or Metcalfe won back to back games over Glasgow. I'd say it's been quite a while. Would be shocked to hear if it even happened over the last two or three decades. I'll let you educate me on that. 

That being said, I'm strictly talking about this game. I'm not a fan of either team, but I'd think if I was a Glasgow fan I would be a bit uneasy about this game.

What may or may not happen in the next month is anybody's guess. If Hart wins this game there is a chance they wouldn't have to see CAL, Central, or Catholic til the State Championship game as long as the right situation lines up. I guess I'm just not as ready to quickly dismiss either one of these teams from having some success going forward. Now that's not me saying either of these teams could win state. Just pointing out that these are still kids and every week there could be a new set of variables. 

Should be a very fun game and lively atmosphere in Munfordville Friday night.

Glasgow lost to Metcalfe for the first time ever in the 2006 TJ Samson Bowl the following year Glasgow won the regular season matchup and then was smoked 42-13 in the second round of the playoffs as the Hornets went all the way to the semis before losing to eventual state champion Fort Campbell 23-7. I can’t find where they lost to Barren two years in a row but they hold a 28-7 series lead on them so they lose to them occasionally. Also I was wrong about the series between Hart and Glasgow after going back and actually counting each game Glasgow had a 26-1 series lead over Hart coming in to last year. And to answer your other question yeah I’m concerned but I’m concerned about playoff opponents every year because I’m a fan and if you’re a fan you’re always concerned your team could lose. But, if I was a Hart fan I would absolutely be worried they might lose to Glasgow as well.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.