Rams at Bengals Predictions/Updates

Rams vs. Bengals  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/26/2023 at 12:24 AM

15 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

How long has that been in place? How many 0-3 teams have made the playoffs since it has been in place?

I have the first part of the answer, from the Great Google Machine:

When the league completed its merger with the American Football League (AFL) in 1970, the playoffs were expanded to eight teams, which increased to ten in 1978, twelve in 1990, and fourteen in 2020.

• Thanks 2

Also from Google:

Since the NFL expansion in 1979, only six teams have made the playoffs after starting 0-3. The last team to do it was the Houston Texans in 2018. "They better beat the Chargers [in week 3] or else this whole thing is gonna go south," said Jerry.

16 minutes ago, theguru said:

I have the first part of the answer, from the Great Google Machine:

When the league completed its merger with the American Football League (AFL) in 1970, the playoffs were expanded to eight teams, which increased to ten in 1978, twelve in 1990, and fourteen in 2020.

Google says NFL added game 17 in 2021. So we only have 2 seasons under this set up. Limited sample but no 0-3 teams in the playoffs in those 2 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Google says NFL added game 17 in 2021. So we only have 2 seasons under this set up. Limited sample but no 0-3 teams in the playoffs in those 2 years.

And if I am following along the NFL expanded the playoffs in 2020 which is the important part here, not as much the number of games played. 

According to reports it looks like Burrow is going to try and go tonight. I hope he does not hurt it worse and even worse with some studying on this type of injuries in some cases it can lead to an achilles tear. I sure hope he can go, and the offensive line gives great support. Go Bengals!!

• Like 1