14th Boys Tournmaent(where is it played)

where is the 14th regional tour. played and how many people will it hold.

It's at Letcher Central. I'm not sure how many fans their new gym holds. I was told by one person that it will seat 3500, which would make it similar to Powell County's capacity (another school in the tournament rotation), and large enough to host.

But another person told me that it only seated 2500. If that's the case, then it's going to be too small to handle the tournament. Hopefully the 3500 number is the right figure

LCC has a large gym and it is state of the art. It is quite a bit large than Powell County's. It is a great facility that will be a very good home for the 14th region tournament.

I've been told LCC's gym seats 2500 but they may be able to get 2700 in the facility with standing room. If this is true, Powell's gym is quite a bit larger with their 3500 number. Heck, Estill County's gym seats 2500.

LCC doesnt have much parking space. That's one of its only downfalls of hosting region. Parking spots could be made down and around the football field though. It will be an alright place to hold the tourney, but not the best. IMO just looking at LCC's gym, it seems much smaller than Powell. I would say the capacity is somewhere from 2500-3000, when is the tourney back at Powell?

LCC doesnt have much parking space. That's one of its only downfalls of hosting region. Parking spots could be made down and around the football field though. It will be an alright place to hold the tourney, but not the best. IMO just looking at LCC's gym, it seems much smaller than Powell. I would say the capacity is somewhere from 2500-3000, when is the tourney back at Powell?

Hopefully never. Too far and not a nice enough or big enough facility.

Powell has no means of controlling the crowd. Fans walk along the sidelines to get to their seats. The facility is more along the nature of a high school gym than an arena suitable for a regional tourney. Big mistake holding a region there, as proved the last time it was held there.

Best place in my opinion to control fans is Knott Central. Fans are off of the floor and are seperated with a wall from the floor! The problem with Knott is the parking, hard in and out! Perry is a great place for parking, big enough and there is more than one in and out, but if they only had the wall it would be the best place all around. Fans still are down on the floor their like Powell. Hazard is okay, but it's too small and the parking is ridiculous. Letcher, Jenkins, Breathitt are too small for the regional tourney without doing split sessions which is not good for the fans. Powell is big enough it's just way to far to ask schools from Letcher county to come too.

In my opinion, Perry and Knott should be the only hosts to the 14th regional tourney. they are located in the central part of the region and have great facilities for all involved.

Best place in my opinion to control fans is Knott Central. Fans are off of the floor and are seperated with a wall from the floor! The problem with Knott is the parking, hard in and out! Perry is a great place for parking, big enough and there is more than one in and out, but if they only had the wall it would be the best place all around. Fans still are down on the floor their like Powell. Hazard is okay, but it's too small and the parking is ridiculous. Letcher, Jenkins, Breathitt are too small for the regional tourney without doing split sessions which is not good for the fans. Powell is big enough it's just way to far to ask schools from Letcher county to come too.

In my opinion, Perry and Knott should be the only hosts to the 14th regional tourney. they are located in the central part of the region and have great facilities for all involved.

Breathitt is as large as Powell and Hazard and never had split sessions in my memory.

Powell has no means of controlling the crowd. Fans walk along the sidelines to get to their seats. The facility is more along the nature of a high school gym than an arena suitable for a regional tourney. Big mistake holding a region there, as proved the last time it was held there.

I know what you mean. I was at that tournament, although that's all that can be said, per BGP rules! I would think the 14th Region would hold it at either Perry Central or Knott Central on a rotating basis, just because they are centrally located. That's what the 12th Region is doing with Lincoln and Pulaski.