14th Boys Tournmaent(where is it played)

I know what you mean. I was at that tournament, although that's all that can be said, per BGP rules! I would think the 14th Region would hold it at either Perry Central or Knott Central on a rotating basis, just because they are centrally located. That's what the 12th Region is doing with Lincoln and Pulaski.

they are not centrally located to the 56th district. Breathitt would be centrally located

Best place in my opinion to control fans is Knott Central. Fans are off of the floor and are seperated with a wall from the floor! The problem with Knott is the parking, hard in and out! Perry is a great place for parking, big enough and there is more than one in and out, but if they only had the wall it would be the best place all around. Fans still are down on the floor their like Powell. Hazard is okay, but it's too small and the parking is ridiculous. Letcher, Jenkins, Breathitt are too small for the regional tourney without doing split sessions which is not good for the fans. Powell is big enough it's just way to far to ask schools from Letcher county to come too.

In my opinion, Perry and Knott should be the only hosts to the 14th regional tourney. they are located in the central part of the region and have great facilities for all involved.

Estill is now in the 14th. From the map I look at, neither Hazard or especsially Hindman are at the center of the 14th. Estill drove 2.5 hrs to get to Knott as if anyone cared. At least allow the 56th to have it every 6th year

I know what you mean. I was at that tournament, although that's all that can be said, per BGP rules! I would think the 14th Region would hold it at either Perry Central or Knott Central on a rotating basis, just because they are centrally located. That's what the 12th Region is doing with Lincoln and Pulaski.

I dont see the big problem with Powell, the fans are alittle close but we are in a high school atmosphere and in this region there are no areas like a college. Also Perry and Letcher to my knowledge dont have any barriers keeping the fans away, they just arent right on the sideline.

Estill is now in the 14th. From the map I look at, neither Hazard or especsially Hindman are at the center of the 14th. Estill drove 2.5 hrs to get to Knott as if anyone cared. At least allow the 56th to have it every 6th year

I'm with you. Move it around, it's more fun that way!

I agree with this post.

Why does everyone from the southern part of the region continually argue that Hazard and Hindman are the most centrally located places to host the region? They're not! As far as the 56th schools are concerned, Breathitt County is the most centrally located site in the region.

And why is Powell County "too far away"? I suppose it's okay for Powell, Estill, Lee, and Owsley's fans and students to drive two-plus hours to Knott, Perry, or Letcher sites to play a region game, but those schools shouldn't have to do the same at least every 6th year of the rotation.:rolleyes: Well folks, the road runs both ways...north and south...and it's just as fair for the southern region schools to take their turns occasionally to spend a little time traveling to the tournament as it is for the schools in the northern region, which also includes Wolfe, Breathitt, Jackson City, and Riverside Christian, along with the 56th schools.

Also, I don't have a problem with Powell's facility. They seat 3500, which is 1000 more than both Hazard and Letcher. They have great parking and the best entrance/exit routes of any of the 6 sites. There's never any problem getting out of their parking areas after the game because there's 3 different exits.

And as far as their bleachers going all the way down to the floor, well, that's not a problem imo. I realize a scuffle broke out in the championship game in 2003, but the same can happen with a gym with a rail separating the bleachers from the floor. If out-of-control fans want to get to the floor it's not very difficult to simply jump the rail. It has happened in the past.

I agree with this post.

Why does everyone from the southern part of the region continually argue that Hazard and Hindman are the most centrally located places to host the region? They're not! As far as the 56th schools are concerned, Breathitt County is the most centrally located site in the region.

And why is Powell County "too far away"? I suppose it's okay for Powell, Estill, Lee, and Owsley's fans and students to drive two-plus hours to Knott, Perry, or Letcher sites to play a region game, but those schools shouldn't have to do the same at least every 6th year of the rotation.:rolleyes: Well folks, the road runs both ways...north and south...and it's just as fair for the southern region schools to take their turns occasionally to spend a little time traveling to the tournament as it is for the schools in the northern region, which also includes Wolfe, Breathitt, Jackson City, and Riverside Christian, along with the 56th schools.

Also, I don't have a problem with Powell's facility. They seat 3500, which is 1000 more than both Hazard and Letcher. They have great parking and the best entrance/exit routes of any of the 6 sites. There's never any problem getting out of their parking areas after the game because there's 3 different exits.

And as far as their bleachers going all the way down to the floor, well, that's not a problem imo. I realize a scuffle broke out in the championship game in 2003, but the same can happen with a gym with a rail separating the bleachers from the floor. If out-of-control fans want to get to the floor it's not very difficult to simply jump the rail. It has happened in the past.

Great Post Prof. Lets be fair the Region is more than Hazard and PCC so spread the it around to be fair.