GRC 58 Simon Kenton 50

SK will have to figure out a way to beat Shelby if they are going to win the regional title. I still believe Shelby is better than SK even with Hester on the floor. The one thing that Shelby has is athletes. Hester, just like in last year's regional championship game, will have a hard time having his way with the kids from Shelby. If I recall last year's game correctly Shelby was able to bottle up Hester for a majority of the game and he didn't start scoring until the game was in hand for the Rockets, which was late in the 4th quarter. Also Hurd has been a big force for the Pioneers this year but he has not had to contend with anyone that has the shot blocking ability of Wade nor has he had to guard any other big man with the skills of Chambers. In order for SK to win the 8th they are going to need a lot more than Hester.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SK will have to figure out a way to beat Shelby if they are going to win the regional title. I still believe Shelby is better than SK even with Hester on the floor. The one thing that Shelby has is athletes. Hester, just like in last year's regional championship game, will have a hard time having his way with the kids from Shelby. If I recall last year's game correctly Shelby was able to bottle up Hester for a majority of the game and he didn't start scoring until the game was in hand for the Rockets, which was late in the 4th quarter. Also Hurd has been a big force for the Pioneers this year but he has not had to contend with anyone that has the shot blocking ability of Wade nor has he had to guard any other big man with the skills of Chambers. In order for SK to win the 8th they are going to need a lot more than Hester.

If I recall you lost the guard who was on him (Hester) to graduation and you also lost Slaughter who scored more than 25% of your points. Hurd had no problems last year playing against Chambers and all Wade did was goaltend.

Hester wont have any problems with Shelby's athletes. Saying that is ridiculous. Pound for pound Hester maybe the best athlete on the floor.

Hester wont have any problems with Shelby's athletes. Saying that is ridiculous. Pound for pound Hester maybe the best athlete on the floor.

Actually Elbert might be the best ATHLETE on the floor. Hester will be by far the best player on the court.

Actually Elbert might be the best ATHLETE on the floor. Hester will be by far the best player on the court.

I think the best athlete on the floor will be Wade, I don't see much of a comparison with that. But Hester will definitely be the most talented player on the court. He's gained a year's experience, and Shelby has lost a lot. If Simon Kenton plays to their ability, they will make it to Rupp.

I think the best athlete on the floor will be Wade, I don't see much of a comparison with that. But Hester will definitely be the most talented player on the court. He's gained a year's experience, and Shelby has lost a lot. If Simon Kenton plays to their ability, they will make it to Rupp.

Just curious, but what makes him the most athletic in your mind.

Hester could not handle Shelby's athletes last year. In the regional championship game they shut him down until the game was in the bag. I have watched Shelby a few times this year and everytime I see them I am impressed with their defeinsive abilities. As far as the best athlete I can't see how there would be any argument other than Wade. He is not the most skilled player but as far as pure athleticism he has it hands down. Heck, Wade isn't the best player on Shelby's team but he is by far the best athlete. If I recall correctly you also made the argument last year the Hester was just as good as Slaughter. I am not being critical but to say that screams fan bias, which makes it hard to buy into the fact that Hester would be "pound for pound" the best athlete. Best basketball player, probably best athlete, no. There are three and maybe four kids on Shelby that are better athletes. Chambers, Wade, Cochran, Minnis

Hester could not handle Shelby's athletes last year. In the regional championship game they shut him down until the game was in the bag. I have watched Shelby a few times this year and everytime I see them I am impressed with their defeinsive abilities. As far as the best athlete I can't see how there would be any argument other than Wade. He is not the most skilled player but as far as pure athleticism he has it hands down. Heck, Wade isn't the best player on Shelby's team but he is by far the best athlete. If I recall correctly you also made the argument last year the Hester was just as good as Slaughter. I am not being critical but to say that screams fan bias, which makes it hard to buy into the fact that Hester would be "pound for pound" the best athlete. Best basketball player, probably best athlete, no. There are three and maybe four kids on Shelby that are better athletes. Chambers, Wade, Cochran, Minnis

:laugh: Fan Bias? Well yeah you got me. I am a fan of SK. As I can tell you happen to have a little bias towards the Rockets. As for Hester, I dont think im the only one on here that thinks he is the best player on these two teams. And I stand by the athletic remark as well. There is no way you can even compare Hester and Chambers on athleticism. Israel is a big strong kid and thats what makes him good not his athleticism. Wade can jump but what else? And as for the other two I dont know enough about them but we shall see. As for Slaughter I said Hester had just as much ability in my mind just not the size.

After seeing what SK has done without Hester.....I thought they had a better team. IMO he means to much to this team and if Shelby can do to him, what they did to him in the finals last year. All well, how do you spell repeeeeeat. What a second (are there any other teams in this region)

After seeing what SK has done without Hester.....I thought they had a better team. IMO he means to much to this team and if Shelby can do to him, what they did to him in the finals last year. All well, how do you spell repeeeeeat. What a second (are there any other teams in this region)

Other than a collapse against Boone and a semi-close game against GRC, what have they done? They struggled with Walton because of a mixture between foul trouble and possibly looking ahead to the next day against GRC. They've won every other game that Hester hasn't played in.

I have to agree nkslegend, they blew an 11pt lead against BC and lost to a top 20 GRC team in Winchester by 6 without Mike, the cupboard's not bare.

I mean they are obviously a better team with him, but they haven't played bad basketball without him in there. I also think him being out is going to do nothin but help the team in the long run.

:laugh: Fan Bias? Well yeah you got me. I am a fan of SK. As I can tell you happen to have a little bias towards the Rockets. As for Hester, I dont think im the only one on here that thinks he is the best player on these two teams. And I stand by the athletic remark as well. There is no way you can even compare Hester and Chambers on athleticism. Israel is a big strong kid and thats what makes him good not his athleticism. Wade can jump but what else? And as for the other two I dont know enough about them but we shall see. As for Slaughter I said Hester had just as much ability in my mind just not the size.

I agree that Hester is EASILY the best player on the floor in this game. But I think Wade's jumping abilities could be what make him the best athlete. Athleticism has nothing to do with talent IMO. And there aren't too many people that can get up there with him.