Frederick Douglass 63 George Rogers Clark 52

I was in attendance and a witness of a fun high flying game. Them young Douglas guys had the Farm rocking tonight from the beginning! Chennault in the first quarter drop steps in traffic and skys over GRC big man for a two hand throw down. Then comes back and swatted Morton few possessions later. Later in the 1st Melo Boone comes down on a fast break and takes of fully cocked back with Morton trying block his shot and puts him through the rim!!!!!!!!! Almost had a second dunk exactly like this one on the big man but it popped out half way through from him dunking so hard. A great back in forth early but Douglas handled GRC majority of second half score should have been worse but Douglas got careless and comfortable started throwing up wild shots. One the more fun games I’ve been too. 

• Like 2

Chenault changed so many shots at the rim for GRC. Douglas had the 2 best players in both sophomores and it wasn’t even close. Morton wasn’t impressive at all was expecting a big time game from the what most think is a big time player in the state but I didn’t see it at all. 

That's 19 wins in a row. Easily their best win of the season, to boot. I'm gonna say I'm surprised by the result and the margin. Just goes to show that teams like Frederick Douglass with gaudy records built on beating mostly lesser-caliber teams need to be taken a little more seriously come tournament time. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Basketball Jones said:

That's 19 wins in a row. Easily their best win of the season, to boot. I'm gonna say I'm surprised by the result and the margin. Just goes to show that teams like Frederick Douglass with gaudy records built on beating mostly lesser-caliber teams need to be taken a little more seriously come tournament time. 

To alot the score will surprise folks but man if you was there for this it should’ve been a 20 point win easily. Will say this tho. Everyone talks about Douglas win streak not being the best competition while can be true to an extent, no one talks about how weak competition GRC had played basically entire season. Other then Madison Central and Great Crossing who else is worth mentioning GRC has played. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Wildcat1993 said:

To alot the score will surprise folks but man if you was there for this it should’ve been a 20 point win easily. Will say this tho. Everyone talks about Douglas win streak not being the best competition while can be true to an extent, no one talks about how weak competition GRC had played basically entire season. Other then Madison Central and Great Crossing who else is worth mentioning GRC has played. 

Love your enthusiasm. To be fair, I don't think either team, given their rankings, has played a very aggressive schedule - I'd call them about even.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wildcat1993 said:

GRC way weaker when talking in state and they close against nobody. They’ll win the region easily but don’t see them repeating at all this team is ranked off last year cause this years team not impressive at all each time saw them play. 

It was the same thing last year, their path to the title was the path of least resistance to put it nicely. The 10th is terrible and they had a really really good draw, they didn’t get tested until the final 4. I think if you put them in the 6th,7th,8th,9th they don’t make it out of region last year or this year.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, GoBucks97 said:

It was the same thing last year, their path to the title was the path of least resistance to put it nicely. The 10th is terrible and they had a really really good draw, they didn’t get tested until the final 4. I think if you put them in the 6th,7th,8th,9th they don’t make it out of region last year or this year.

I think GRC wins region and state regardless of their path.  Give them some credit.  They were 37-1. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GoBucks97 said:

Agreed especially in the 7th and 6th would’ve been a different story. 

50 minutes ago, brooksville said:

I think GRC wins region and state regardless of their path.  Give them some credit.  They were 37-1. 

I sure would’ve liked to have seen them swap paths with Warren Central. Heck, I’d have just liked to see them swap state semifinal times with Warren Central. It’s bold to suggest “regardless of path”. Best teams fail all the time. I think they were the best team. I do not think they were unassailable. 

• Like 2