2023 Jack Kaelin NKY Freshman Invitational Tourney

You know what's amazing about the brackets and box scores, as well as the Twitter page?  

NOWHERE does it say where the games are being played!  LOL  Would have loved to have seen some but if I don't know where to go, how can I watch them?

Any help?

-CardinalsFan

1 hour ago, CardinalsFan said:

You know what's amazing about the brackets and box scores, as well as the Twitter page?  

NOWHERE does it say where the games are being played!  LOL  Would have loved to have seen some but if I don't know where to go, how can I watch them?

Any help?

-CardinalsFan

Very first sentence of the very first post in the thread:

On 1/30/2023 at 2:01 AM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Tournament is hosted at Covington Catholic. First round games begin on Thursday.

First round games:
Ryle vs. Lloyd Memorial (Play-In) - Feb 2, 6:15pm
Simon Kenton vs. Dixie Heights - Feb 2, 7:30pm
Campbell County vs. Boone County - Feb 4, 10:00am
Scott vs. Conner - Feb 4, 11:15am
Highlands vs. Ryle/Lloyd Winner - Feb 4, 12:30pm
Holy Cross vs. Newport - Feb 4, 1:45pm
Cooper vs. Beechwood - Feb 4, 3:15pm
Covington Catholic vs. Bishop Brossart - Feb 4, 4:30pm
Newport Catholic vs. St. Henry - Feb 4, 5:45pm

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, CardinalsFan said:

Any help?

-CardinalsFan

It's at Cov Cath. More will be revealed at the link below ~

bluegrasspreps.com/forums/history-of-the-nky-jack-kaelin-freshman-regional-tournament

Screenshot_20230207-002028__01.jpg

On 2/7/2023 at 12:26 AM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

It doesn't look like they posted those stats on the tournament's Twitter account, unfortunately. You may possibly be able to get the tournament stats crew to post them if you shoot them a tweet, not sure.

Unfortunately for the tournament, the computerized setup Cov Cath uses for stats travels with the varsity team when they have away games, so it was at Madison Central for the game against Male this past Saturday, and tonight it was at Dixie for the varsity game against the red Colonels....so no stat sheets for Saturday's tournament games or the two tournament games tonight.

30 minutes ago, Runcible Owl said:

📝 Updated bracket ~ 

At Covington Catholic:

Semifinals, Saturday 2/11 

6:00 Campbell County vs. Ryle 

7:30 Holy Cross vs. Covington Catholic

Championship, Monday 2/13 

7:30 TBD

From @FreshmenJack

Screenshot_20230208-234735__01.jpg

The Holy Cross vs. Cov Cath semifinal game should be a good one...when they played back on December 13th the Indians came away with a 29-27 win, with the game winning bucket rattling in as the buzzer went off.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2023 at 12:22 AM, Runcible Owl said:

It's at Cov Cath. More will be revealed at the link below ~

bluegrasspreps.com/forums/history-of-the-nky-jack-kaelin-freshman-regional-tournament

Screenshot_20230207-002028__01.jpg

I became involved in the "CovCath Freshman Tournament" back in the late 70s when a Freshman coach at Brossart.  Jack Kaelin was ably assisted by Scott Knochelman, until his untimely demise, after which Jack continued on up until the time of his passing.

It has always been a first class affair.  We are lucky to have something like this to showcase our frehman teams.

• Like 4