Kansas 77 Kentucky 68

16thBBall Fan

43 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

Not feeding Oscar enough last night is a Cal thing. 2015 final four rings a bell. You have KAT as an unstoppable force and they quit feeding him the rock. If you can’t make outside shots, feed it down low and let Oscar decide where the ball goes. 

I suppose you can indirectly blame Cal, but it is obvious much of the action being run was to feed him in the post. They just don’t have the skills to get him the ball. And it doesn’t help that Oscar isn’t exactly a magician with the ball, so there are only so many places on the court he feels comfortable catching it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

On Oscar, I won't say 15 years in the NBA but I think he will find a way. Chuck Hayes comes to mind. If Hayes made it 10 years in the NBA, I think Oscar can. And I do think Oscar has some unique athleticism that leads to his rebounding prowess. He is a strong dude who owns his space and has an intangible, innate jumping and timing skill.

Hayes played in a vastly different NBA. Bigs are expected to play on the perimeter now. Oscar can't on either end. 

A stat I found interesting: Of the top 25 rebounders in the league, only Rudy Gobert has played 30+ minutes per game without making a single 3. And for what it's worth, Gobert can't play in playoff games because of his ball screen defense/inability to guard on the perimeter. Oscar doesn't offer the same level of rim protection. 

I think he definitely has value to a franchise as just a genuinely good person and competitor, but I feel like the appropriate comparison for Oscar is Tim Tebow. 

• Like 2