Kentucky at Alabama Predictions/Updates (1/7)

futurecoach

21 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

“Honestly I think their issues have been a lot more on the defensive end”, - Nate Oats

The only issues on the defensive end has been Oscar being lost on ball screens. Doesn’t seem like anyone else is getting lost on those. So must be getting taught and him just not doing what he is suppose to. 

Also he is completely wrong saying the issue is not on offensive. UK literally after the first half is on pace to score 48 points. That is an offensive problem!

52 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Wow!!!  2 layups and a dunk in transition in 3 possessions for Bama, guess Oats and now Dykes know what they’re talking about!!!

I question what they are talking about when they keep acting like Oscar isn’t playing hard, or saying offense is not the problem when they only had 18 points in 18 minutes of game action. Also Effort is and hasn’t ever been an issue for Oscar. So many people always like to say someone or a team isn’t play hard, when they are playing bad. It’s not an effort issue or not playing hard for Oscar. It quite simply he is playing very bad. He is completely lost on ball screens, doesn’t mean it’s an effort issue. It’s just him flat out sucking that first half in doing what he is suppose to do. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nikeman49 said:

Can’t get offensive continuity jerking players in and out for 20 straight minutes!!

I typically agree with not playing many people and have said so this week. With that said, which players would you have wanted him to keep in? UK was better when Oscar wasn’t in that half. Wheeler played whole half, Toppin played whole half until second foul at the end. Theiro got to stay in most of the half with his solid play. The main one that kept getting pulled was Livingston, which simply was looking bad like Oscar that first half.