Owensboro at Frederick Douglass Predictions/Updates

16thBBall Fan

Owensboro vs. Frederick Douglass  

59 members have voted

1. 1. 5A Semi-finals Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/25/2022 at 11:06 PM

9 hours ago, ApolloFan98 said:

Zach Clark is as good as a rover as you're going to find in the state of Kentucky.  Ask Dekel Crowdus about that match-up a couple years ago

Love your post, this part caught me though... Dekel had 6 catches for 66 yards...  That's good for a first down on each catch, so may be this is splitting hairs, but I wouldn't say Crowdus was shut down per se. But I am interested to see Clark in action, I just saw he got a Florida State offer, so now he is on my radar.

9 hours ago, ApolloFan98 said:

They have game breakers everywhere in Winstead, Hampton, Rogers and Pendleton.  It is just a matter of finding ways to feature them without getting away from who they are. 

I no doubt believe these guys are the real deal, as I know Owensboro has never been short on athleticism. However, are these players gamebreakers only vs O's district, or at any given time? 

The stats seem to show that in tight games, they don't make much of an impact OR the offensive gameplan isn't created with them in mind. But by all means,the Red Devils may have some packages to utilize these guys on Friday!  

1 hour ago, Hungover_in_Andover said:

no doubt believe these guys are the real deal, as I know Owensboro has never been short on athleticism. However, are these players gamebreakers only vs O's district, or at any given time? 

Winstead(sophomore) was either an 8th grade or freshman All-American. Hampton would start at RB at most schools Varsity as a Freshman regardless of class and has legit 4.5 speed(Wish the Devils would feature him more). Goodwin hasn’t had much opportunity with the ball in his hands but against Fairdale he had a really nice showing. Rogers showed what he can do on a reverse against Greenwood that went to the house. Pendleton doesn’t have much speed but at 6-4 is a great jump ball candidate or possession man to move the sticks. They’re all pretty much game breakers in open space against anybody except Pendleton and all have equal or more speed than carbon except Pendleton.

Game day!!! We’ve been talking the talk, now it’s time to walk the walk 😂 6:00 kick off, no cash at gate so you need to get tix thru the gofan app. No bags, purses etc allowed. Maybe take into consideration it’s Black Friday and FDHS is next to Hamburg, so there could be some traffic to deal with. Safe travels to all the O fans! Here’s to a clean game with no injuries! Go Broncos!!! 

• Like 2