Vanderbilt 24 Kentucky 21

16thBBall Fan

The biggest issue I have is the oline. Coach Schlarman had a well oiled machine and now the coach goes completely against what he was doing. Why try invent the wheel instead of improving upon what was working? Happens to all coaches in all sports. As for Levis I never could understand why he would’ve been the first QB taken. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Breds82 said:

The biggest issue I have is the oline. Coach Schlarman had a well oiled machine and now the coach goes completely against what he was doing. Why try invent the wheel instead of improving upon what was working? Happens to all coaches in all sports. As for Levis I never could understand why he would’ve been the first QB taken. 

What all has the Oline coached changed since taking over? Is it public knowledge that he changed a lot of things that they were previously doing under Schlarman? I’m truly asking because I haven’t heard that before. 

8 hours ago, futurecoach said:

What all has the Oline coached changed since taking over? Is it public knowledge that he changed a lot of things that they were previously doing under Schlarman? I’m truly asking because I haven’t heard that before. 

I had heard that he was widening the splits between the linemen. The only thing I know about that is that it requires a philosophical change in tactics for the linemen. In a sport that requires instant reactions, I could see that as being somewhat difficult. It takes a while to rebuild new habits.

1 hour ago, Bluto said:

I had heard that he was widening the splits between the linemen. The only thing I know about that is that it requires a philosophical change in tactics for the linemen. In a sport that requires instant reactions, I could see that as being somewhat difficult. It takes a while to rebuild new habits.

I wonder if that is an OL coach thing, or the new OC and the scheme he wants of having bigger splits.