South Florida fires Jeff Scott

swamprat

After getting blown out by Temple 54-28, a game they should have won or at least been competitive in, Michael Kelly had had enough. He fired head coach Jeff Scott and the defensive coordinator, Bob Shoop for good measure. 

You know this may be a place Urban Meyer can coach and stick. The Mons Venus and 5 other strip clubs are within a mile of the stadium. Right up his alley. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/8/2022 at 8:34 AM, brown4 said:

Jon Gruden?

That is one of the rumors floating around. Scott Frost is another.

Gruden still lives in the area and that would be a great way to attract people back to the program. With the new on-campus stadium project underway, it's also a good way to sell seats before it is even built. 

5 hours ago, swamprat said:

That is one of the rumors floating around. Scott Frost is another.

Gruden still lives in the area and that would be a great way to attract people back to the program. With the new on-campus stadium project underway, it's also a good way to sell seats before it is even built. 

I could see him doing well at USF. He took over a pretty bad UCF team and led them to an undefeated season in year 2.

I also think it is much easier for him to win at USF than Nebraska. With UC, UCF, and Houston leaving for the B12 next year, USF  has the potential to rise to the top of the AAC quickly. 

• Like 1

Michael Kelly made a point I hadn't considered in the current College Football setup.

He pulled the trigger when he did, not only because of recruiting and the early signing period, but also because of retainment. With the transfer portal being what it is, he has to consider what he needs to do to keep the players he has.