Simon Kenton 66 Dixie 23

theguru

2 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Stats from digital scout.

Jayden Lawson with 297 yards rushing 3 tds.

Crone 195 yards passing 1 td 44 yards rushing 4 tds.

Bleier 98 yards rushing 1 td.

Lawson is making up for lost time in a hurry. Over 500 yards in the two games since he returned to the lineup.

• Like 1

Dixie had no defensive front to speak of tonight. Their best end went out in first half with a broken hand I believe, the other end is already in a cast, nose guard wasn’t giving them much anyway got concussed in the first half, and linebackers didn’t appear very physical. Brach rice put his hand in the dirt and it was cool to see him and Aba go at it. Those two are going to be great on Saturdays. SK’s front line is a big physical group and absolutely erased the last two seasons of getting beat at Dixie’s hand. Be surprised if it isn’t more of a froshmore game for Dixie Saturday morning they are beat up right now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, NEERFAN said:

Wow, Lawson close to 300. I love the kid's balance.

I remember Miles had a huge game vs DH, 264 yds.  This could be the school record but I know Alan Mullins had a few big games in the early 80s.  

I talked to Alan yesterday, looks like he could still play. 

1 hour ago, NEERFAN said:

Just saw this.  Greg Ponzer is always walking out here.  81 dudes were aliens. 

Best pure athlete of all those '81 guys was Billy Meier. At his size he was something else.

I will never forget 6' Ponzer winning a jump ball against 6'7" Louisville signee Manuel Forrest in the state tournament.

22 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Best pure athlete of all those '81 guys was Billy Meier. At his size he was something else.

I will never forget 6' Ponzer winning a jump ball against 6'7" Louisville signee Manuel Forrest in the state tournament.

I heard Billy was a beast on the gridiron and the diamond.  I've viewed some 198q games on YouTube and he was tough. 

His father, Norman and my dad were likely two of the biggest men in town.  They loved making Chlorine B's grass look good. 

• Like 1