Casey County 32 Taylor County 12

WOFOJP61

Took my son down to Liberty for this one tonight. Casey County continues to impress me. After a couple of close calls the last two weeks, they really dominated this one from the outset. Taylor County just doesn't have the size and skill this year that they've had the last several seasons.

1 minute ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Took my son down to Liberty for this one tonight. Casey County continues to impress me. After a couple of close calls the last two weeks, they really dominated this one from the outset. Taylor County just doesn't have the size and skill this year that they've had the last several seasons.

They have 3 running backs that rushed for over 1K last year all returned this year. They also have the best lineman in the state. They got all you need to have a successful football team. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Statsdontlie said:

They have 3 running backs that rushed for over 1K last year all returned this year. They also have the best lineman in the state. They got all you need to have a successful football team. 

Peyton Smith didn't play, and he makes Taylor 2-4 TDs better. Kid is averaging over 200 yards a game. It also appeared they had 5 or more starters out for this game. Multiple kids who played in the Green County game weren't dressed for this one. Taylor is a very different team with those kids playing. Hopefully they get healthy and are able to be at full strength by the end of the year. 

With that said, Casey has a very good team, and they get after you, I really like the way they play, and the Glasgow, and Hart games for them are going to be some great games. 

4 minutes ago, GC-Dragons said:

Peyton Smith didn't play, and he makes Taylor 2-4 TDs better. Kid is averaging over 200 yards a game. It also appeared they had 5 or more starters out for this game. Multiple kids who played in the Green County game weren't dressed for this one. Taylor is a very different team with those kids playing. Hopefully they get healthy and are able to be at full strength by the end of the year. 

Thanks for the clarification. It definitely wasn't the team I was expecting to see. Take nothing away from Casey, though, who has played very good ball all season.

2 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

Does anyone else feel like the season is slipping away from TC it appears they may be on their way to a 4 seed and a long trip in the first round of the playoffs.

Yes. They seem to play really well one week and terrible the next. Body Language was ugly this entire game, and I've heard rumors of some really disgruntled parents and players, including parents, players and coaches getting into some very heated arguments after and during games. 

The good news for Taylor is, they haven't lost a game where Smith played the entire game. Bad news is, they haven't won one without him. 

Taylor with Smith playing are 100 times better than without, and they have loads of talent, but they run the dumbest defense I've seen with the talent they have. They literally sent all out blitz against Casey tonight and tried to play man with freshman in the secondary and Casey picked them apart and killed them with screens. Taylor never adjusted and just kept sending everyone and trying to play man, even after being beat over and over. It was baffling to say the least. 

I hope they turn it around, but at this point, I honestly don't see it happening. 

In all fairness to Taylor County, they were without Peyton Smith and Hayes Johnson.  Coach Stonebraker had a good game plan for the Rebels.  Casey was up 26-12 at the half and Ethan Willoughby was 10/15 for 229 yards and 3 TDs in that half.  The Rebels only threw it 2 times the second half and could have taken advantage of the secondary, but instead Casey controlled the clock and kept it on the ground for the second half.  Rebels have another tough opponent next Friday as Wayne County comes to town.  

8 hours ago, Westernside said:

Is this the most even District in State from 1-5?

It very well could be.  I think each week we will find out more about this very thing.  Hart plays Taylor and Adair travels to Glasgow this week.  That should continue to paint the picture of how the district will finish.

• Like 1