Spencer County at Bullitt East Predictions/Updates

Who Wins?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Spencer County
    • Bullitt East

This poll is closed to new votes

Spencer County comes into Mt. Washington on Friday fresh off a 50-7 defeat of Anderson County where they averaged almost 17 yards per carry on the ground.  Can Spencer County duplicate that effort against a Bullitt East defense that gave up just over 130 yards per game on the ground in 2021?  Likewise, will the Bullitt East offense, that averaged over 39 points per game last season, be able to match that average and more against a Spencer County defense that held the Chargers to only 3 offensive touchdowns in the Chargers' 28-14 win over the Bears in Taylorsville last year?

• Thanks 1

• theguru changed the title to Spencer County at Bullitt East Predictions/Updates

Eager to see BE finally hit the field after being off last week. Spencer County is no pushover, so a commanding Chargers win would stoke the chatter around them a little more. But like I said, Spencer is a good ball club. And they say teams improve more between games 1 and 2 than at any other point in the season. Bullitt East needs to be ready to play.

• Thanks 1

Bullitt East should have won by 3 or 4 scores last year but didn't. Give Spencer credit for that not happening. BE was sloppy.  I think they look better this year.  BE still may not win big but I would be shocked if they didn't win. 

• Like 1

I think it's an advantage for Spencer that they have already played a game and BE is two weeks removed from their last scrimmage.  But, Spencer played a horrendous Anderson Co. team so not sure they it helped them get ready for BE.  Guess we will see on Friday.

Confident the Chargers will roll in this one.  I’ll call it 41-13.  Spencer Co will have to be able to run the ball against East & I don’t see that happening.  Last year Spencer Co. only ran for 111 yards on 42 carries against East & the East defense is vastly improved this year.  Potential for a Big week for Coach Kendrick.  Celebrated the birth of his first child this week (congrats to @BEChargersas well) & hopefully celebrating his first varsity win as a head coach tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BEChargers said:

I think it's an advantage for Spencer that they have already played a game and BE is two weeks removed from their last scrimmage.  But, Spencer played a horrendous Anderson Co. team so not sure they it helped them get ready for BE.  Guess we will see on Friday.

Mostly agree with this but the difference for me is that last year, East scrimmaged Iroquois then had 2 weeks off before playing Spencer Co. whereas this year scrimmaging Ballard before the two weeks before Spencer County was a lot more beneficial & will have them in a better spot.