Graves County at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates

Graves County at Paducah Tilghman   

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Paducah Tilghman
    • Graves County

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/27/2022 at 12:00 AM

Traditionally, this has been as close as you can get in terms of overall wins/losses in the series. In the last 24 games, Tilghman has won 12, Graves has won 12. Doesn't get any better than that to keep it interesting. 

Graves is coming off an opening week 36-0 shutout loss to Mayfield while the Tornado are riding high after imposing a running clock on McCracken in the 2nd quarter of their 40 point win. 

It's always hard to get a good handle on things this early in the season, so this one will tell us a little more about each of these teams and some of their tendencies. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TilghmanPride said:

Traditionally, this has been as close as you can get in terms of overall wins/losses in the series. In the last 24 games, Tilghman has won 12, Graves has won 12. Doesn't get any better than that to keep it interesting. 

Graves is coming off an opening week 36-0 shutout loss to Mayfield while the Tornado are riding high after imposing a running clock on McCracken in the 2nd quarter of their 40 point win. 

It's always hard to get a good handle on things this early in the season, so this one will tell us a little more about each of these teams and some of their tendencies. 

These words should be burned into our brains. 

• Like 3

I will be looking to see if the committee approach at receiver continues tonight as Jack James completed passes to 7 different receivers during the 1st half last week. 

Shemari Thomas and LeBran McMullen seemed to be the 2 that stood out the most week 1 and they both made terrific plays. 

It'll be easy for you....next week might be different.

7 minutes ago, TilghmanPride said:

I will be looking to see if the committee approach at receiver continues tonight as Jack James completed passes to 7 different receivers during the 1st half last week. 

Shemari Thomas and LeBran McMullen seemed to be the 2 that stood out the most week 1 and they both made terrific plays. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

It'll be easy for you....next week might be different.

It could be, but I'm not counting on it being a blowout just yet. McCracken is definitely down, so it's hard to tell after just 1 game. I also felt like the Graves defense didn't just break last week, and played maybe tougher than the score indicated. The offense for Graves not moving the ball as well doesn't help the defense either. 

I'm curious to see how this game plays out. Tilghman should win, I just don't know if it will be as lopsided and some expect. 

Tilghman's biggest focus should be cleaning up penalties. Way too many last week and had 2 touchdowns called back. That can't happen against Mayfield or they have no chance. 

• Thanks 1