Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Seeded District Tournaments or Blind Draw?

Featured Replies

This conversation started in another thread where someone said the small schools should make sure their districts don't seed for the tournament.

I think that seeding the district tournaments gives teams something important to play for during the regular season. The team that earns the top spot in regular season district play should have the right to play the team with the worst district record.

Take the Scott Co, Henry Clay, Bryan Station, Sayre district for example. Anyone who doesn't think the kids play harder so they can be the top team in this district is in denial.

 

Any thoughts???

 

:jump:

  • Replies 58
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree 100 percent with you. District seedings are a must in my opinion. You're right, the best team in a district deserves to play the worst. I dont know how you could argue for a blind draw, I'm sure a couple people on this thread will try. I would love to know.

The "Haves" in a district will always argue for seeding, the "Have-Nots" will always argue against seeding; and the "We May be Small, but Want to Get Better's" will vote foe seeding, play the regular season, and often actually get to the point where they become "Haves"!!

I don't have anything new to offer to the discussion, so I will just simply say I agree with seeding. It's fair that if you beat the teams in your area during the regular season, you should be given some kind of advantage in the playoffs.

 

Another discussion we should have is that should both teams be allowed to go to the regionals if you make the district finals.

I don't have anything new to offer to the discussion, so I will just simply say I agree with seeding. It's fair that if you beat the teams in your area during the regular season, you should be given some kind of advantage in the playoffs.

 

Another discussion we should have is that should both teams be allowed to go to the regionals if you make the district finals.

 

 

I believe both teams from the district finals do advance to regional play.

I don't have anything new to offer to the discussion, so I will just simply say I agree with seeding. It's fair that if you beat the teams in your area during the regular season, you should be given some kind of advantage in the playoffs.

 

Another discussion we should have is that should both teams be allowed to go to the regionals if you make the district finals.

 

I think that both the district winner and runner-up should advance to the regional tourney!! Look no further than the 9th region where you've got Holmes, CovCath and Holy Cross, arguably the three best teams in the region, in the same district. Do you really think two of them should stay home, and let lesser teams compete for the region; due to the whims of a districting committee who change their minds every couple seasons??

I think we have always been for seeding. We have it now, and it has bit us for the last few years. When we were with PC and Bracken most years even though we did not seed we came out ok. Brossart got hurt more in that situation.

  • Author
I think that both the district winner and runner-up should advance to the regional tourney!! Look no further than the 9th region where you've got Holmes, CovCath and Holy Cross, arguably the three best teams in the region, in the same district. Do you really think two of them should stay home, and let lesser teams compete for the region; due to the whims of a districting committee who change their minds every couple seasons??

 

 

So should the runner up of the region also get to go to the state tournament? The Sweet 32? Lots of the best teams in the state are in the same regions. Should those teams not get to go to state because of some districting committee who change their minds every couple of seasons?

 

:confused:

I think we have always been for seeding. We have it now, and it has bit us for the last few years. When we were with PC and Bracken most years even though we did not seed we came out ok. Brossart got hurt more in that situation.

 

BBHS got the wrong end of the draw a couple years when Pendleton had their "career teams", but that why they call it "the luck of the draw." Interesting in the old district though that Campbell (the largest school in the district) and Brossart (one of the smallest) were the only ones to vote for seeding??

So should the runner up of the region also get to go to the state tournament? The Sweet 32? Lots of the best teams in the state are in the same regions. Should those teams not get to go to state because of some districting committee who change their minds every couple of seasons?

 

:confused:

 

 

Seems to work OK for the NCAA!! They could actually split the tourney to separate weekends and make even more money??

I think that all districts should be seeded and not voted on. It would make every game in the district more important and interesting...

I think that all districts should be seeded and not voted on. It would make every game in the district more important and interesting...

 

:thumb:

I think it should be seeded. I also think only District winners should go to Region. Have your 4 winners play.

I just think "winners" should advance, you really shouldn't be awarded for losing. I understand some districts are loaded and having 3 teams go home with possibly 20 wins while another district winner with 12 wins on the year moves on. That may not be totally fair, but it would make the tournaments even more tension packed and fun then they already are.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.