Sacred Heart 64 Bullitt East 46 (Girls' Sweet 16® Championship)

So much talent on the Sacred Heart team! Just overpowered everyone. I said it in the update thread and will repeat it here, it’s going to be very challenging for the rest of the state’s teams to keep Sacred Heart from winning the title for the remainder of freshman Johnson’s high school eligibility. She’s just that good! They have a lot of key people returning. Last year could very well be the first of a five year championship run. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Professor said:

So much talent on the Sacred Heart team! Just overpowered everyone. I said it in the update thread and will repeat it here, it’s going to be very challenging for the rest of the state’s teams to keep Sacred Heart from winning the title for the remainder of freshman Johnson’s high school eligibility. She’s just that good! They have a lot of key people returning. Last year could very well be the first of a five year championship run. 

I think Mercy is going to give Sacred Heart a run for there money the next few years. 

1 minute ago, Statsdontlie said:

I think Mercy is going to give Sacred Heart a run for there money the next few years. 

If they do then that area of the state is playing at a level that is above and beyond the rest of the state.

What about Assumption? They used to have powerful teams. 

Being from eastern Kentucky I’m not very familiar with the 6th and 7th. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Professor said:

If they do then that area of the state is playing at a level that is above and beyond the rest of the state.

Mercy and SHA are light years ahead of Assumption in basketball.

The Louisville area is loaded with some young, coming up talent. Look for the big trophy to stay in the Metro area for a few years.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2022 at 9:44 PM, The Professor said:

SHA

Mercy

Cooper

GRC

Ryle

McCracken Co

Pikeville

Central

Bowling Green

Southwestern

My 2023 top ten...  Assumption is down and will need at least (3) years to get back to competing in the 7th region.

• Like 1