Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Power play

Featured Replies

Has there ever been another place where a dad AAU coach threatens to move all of his players to another school unless they made him the head coach? It appears that this coach was not happy with the veteran coach and made this power play and won. He won this year so I guess they made the right call for the time being?

2 minutes ago, Cary Grant said:

Has there ever been another place where a dad AAU coach threatens to move all of his players to another school unless they made him the head coach? It appears that this coach was not happy with the veteran coach and made this power play and won. He won this year so I guess they made the right call for the time being?

Let 'em move. Not as many will go with him as he thinks. 

42 minutes ago, Cary Grant said:

Has there ever been another place where a dad AAU coach threatens to move all of his players to another school unless they made him the head coach? It appears that this coach was not happy with the veteran coach and made this power play and won. He won this year so I guess they made the right call for the time being?

Yep. I can think of a situation right now that happened back in 2012. 

It sounds like Mr. Grant is referring to the 2nd Region champions - Lyon County.  Travis Perry is scoring 27 per game for them this year, and his dad is the coach.  His dad has been the coach for three years, and took over for a coach named Jeff Embery.  I think his dad is maybe a physician in the Lyon County area?

This is just stuff that I am seeing on Riherds.  I don't have any first-hand knowledge on how Coach Perry took over for the previous coach.

But when I was on Riherds I noticed how many points a game Lyon is putting up.  Crazy!  Quite a contrast from the 35-28 1st Region final.  Surely they are the highest scoring team in Kentucky.  Or at least Top 3.

  • Author

Yep! Embry was one of the most respected coaches in Western Kentucky and Lyon caved in and let him go. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.