Does anyone remember Joe Seavers?

brooksville

He worked at Lloyd High School, Ludlow Elementary, Lawrence County High School, Fallsburg Elementary, and Bracken County High School.  He was a basketball and football official.

He was my dad's principal in high school and apparently the most strict and scariest people he ever met lol.

9 hours ago, brooksville said:

He worked at Lloyd High School, Ludlow Elementary, Lawrence County High School, Fallsburg Elementary, and Bracken County High School.  He was a basketball and football official.

He was my dad's principal in high school and apparently the most strict and scariest people he ever met lol.

What makes you bring up Joe?

On 1/23/2022 at 10:04 AM, Polar Bearcat said:

Principal at Bracken County HS. Looked like Red Skull from Marvel and just as scary. Also was back when spanking was not only legal but encouraged in Brooksville. Rumor was Louisville Slugger made him a paddle and he swung it like Babe Ruth. 

The Joe Seaver CD Buildings.  I still think that every time I pass them.

• Haha 1

Officiated a few football games with Joe and had him as an official in several basketball games. Good guy, very dry sense of humor. Have lost track of him over the years. He's like all of us old timers from days in education long past!

• 3 weeks later...

Mr. Seaver was principle when I attended BCHS. He brooked no nonsense. He held everyone accountable, both the students and the teachers. Myself and some friends ran into him maybe 10 years later when the "Star of Cincinnati" was running on a dinner cruise. My first reflex was to hide the beer I was holding.