Raiders-Petrino-Brohm

KWG88

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He wanted no part of what he thought was a poor situation in a place that wasn't going to win. Oops...

Irrelevant to the discussion. Can Brohm use his skill and determination to not play for the Raiders as leverage? Yes. It's been done by Eli. No reason to think Al Davis is going to risk drafting a qb who has declared he will never play for the Raiders. The precedent has been set and I'd use it if I was Brohm.

Irrelevant to the discussion. Can Brohm use his skill and determination to not play for the Raiders as leverage? Yes. It's been done by Eli. No reason to think Al Davis is going to risk drafting a qb who has declared he will never play for the Raiders. The precedent has been set and I'd use it if I was Brohm.

There is a good chance that if it's not the Raiders, it's a LONG wait to hear his name. I don't see Brohm as the spoiled brat who will pout to get his way. If he comes out, he'll go where he is drafted IMO...

There is a good chance that if it's not the Raiders, it's a LONG wait to hear his name. I don't see Brohm as the spoiled brat who will pout to get his way. If he comes out, he'll go where he is drafted IMO...

Maybe so. However, the Lions sure seem to need a qb that will step in for Kitna in 2 years.

BTW, I didnt' see Eli as a "spoiled brat" either. I saw it as doing what any of us would do in the business world - using leverage.

Maybe so. However, the Lions sure seem to need a qb that will step in for Kitna in 2 years.

BTW, I didnt' see Eli as a "spoiled brat" either. I saw it as doing what any of us would do in the business world - using leverage.

Using leverage to make a bad decision. Such is life...

It wreaked of "spoiled brat", IMO...I am from the thought of going where you are drafted....what Eli did was wrong, and I'll never view it otherwise.

Using leverage to make a bad decision. Such is life...

Why bad? The jury is still out on that one. In the NFL the Giants could make a run and the Chargers could get knocked out in the second round. Don't forget the "Marty factor".

It wreaked of "spoiled brat", IMO...I am from the thought of going where you are drafted....what Eli did was wrong, and I'll never view it otherwise.

Who says a player has to go where he's drafted? He has the right to say "no", right?

Sounds that way to me....

Funny thing is, if the Raiders were to be where Brian goes, if they got the right coach, it seems they could be a nice fit...their defense is ok, they need some OL help and a QB, and things will work out for them.,