Danville Christian Academy 63 Danville 49 (12 Region All A Championship)

• theguru changed the title to Danville Christian Academy 63 Danville 49 (12 Region All A Championship)

From what I heard, Danville was leading by 7 in the 4th QT and DCA went on a 28-5 run.  Congradulations to DCA for making it too the All A Tournament.  And it was just not the Boys, DCA girls also beat Danville to make it to the All A Tournament.  

• Like 1

Yep, Danville had the lead and took some terrible shots and silly turnovers. DCA with that size could give some teams fits. #22 for DCA is a stud, had 24 points 13 rebs and the 6'11 kid had 15 points 19rebs and 5blocks. I can tell you this any team that has any size will give Danville trouble. They are so small. Looks like they play 5 guards. DCA outrebounded the Ads by 20 plus. 

• Like 1

I think what has been key for them is that they have selfless kids (particularly kids who don’t get playing time anymore due to their impact transfers), and that speaks to their culture.  They’re going to be a bear in 12th for years to come. 

3 out of their 5 starters have been starting for 3 years, and took some heavy lumps in the early building years.  Now, throw in 2 impactful newcomers and it’s been a great mix.  “The Process” is an overused term in sports, but they really are a testament to having a vision and seeing it come to fruition.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LethalPG said:

3 out of their 5 starters have been starting for 3 years, and took some heavy lumps in the early building years.  Now, throw in 2 impactful newcomers and it’s been a great mix.  “The Process” is an overused term in sports, but they really are a testament to having a vision and seeing it come to fruition.  

Especially when the two other kids are difference makers. 6"11 and 6'5. Rim protectors. #22 is one of the best players I've watched in the 12th region that nobody talks about. Kid can play.

1 hour ago, Statsdontlie said:

Especially when the two other kids are difference makers. 6"11 and 6'5. Rim protectors. #22 is one of the best players I've watched in the 12th region that nobody talks about. Kid can play.

I’ve talked about him since last Spring lol.  In a region, when size is at a premium they counter with great length.  I still think their depth is a concern, but if Lincoln or Boyle I would be concerned playing them in an elimination game.