Open Job: Newport

theguru

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, TackleTrap said:

Didn't Newport just hire a coach last season?

Yes. Newport head coach Joe Wynn took the job at Mason County after the 2020 season wrapped up, and Brian Weinrich, who had recently been let go at Highlands, took the job at Newport. Campbell County opened up this off-season and Weinrich headed to take over for the Camels, which I would probably guess is a more naturally-suited job for Weinrich than the Newport job was.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Yes. Newport head coach Joe Wynn took the job at Mason County after the 2020 season wrapped up, and Brian Weinrich, who had recently been let go at Highlands, took the job at Newport. Campbell County opened up this off-season and Weinrich headed to take over for the Camels, which I would probably guess is a more naturally-suited job for Weinrich than the Newport job was.

I thought they hired someone between Wynn and Weinrich and that person left after the first few games. I may be getting my years mixed up though.

20 hours ago, PP1 said:

I thought they hired someone between Wynn and Weinrich and that person left after the first few games. I may be getting my years mixed up though.

You may be thinking about Nick Behymer who was an assistant last year but quit half way through the year. 

• 2 weeks later...