Raiders 16 Browns 14

19 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Final. That probably eliminates the Browns from the playoffs I hate that is is due mostly to Covid, but happy that it probably now between the Bengals and the Ravens for the division title.

The Browns are not eliminated at all. If they win out, they would be in over the Bengals still, because they would have the same record as the Bengals and the tiebreaker. So while this loss helped the Bengals, the Browns are still very much in it. Hopefully Green Bay though can help out even more and beat the Browns. 

With the Browns playing Green Bay, and Steelers playing Kansas City. The Bengals possibly could gain a game over everyone next week if they beat the Ravens. 

49 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

The Browns are not eliminated at all

Of course I knew they weren't eliminated realistically or mathematically by saying probably eliminated I was simply meaning by losing tonight that was probably the end as I don't see them going up and beating the Packers in Green Bay and I personally if they lose again next week and then eliminated that they will with all of his injuries just shut Baker down after a loss next week jmo.  

1 hour ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Of course I knew they weren't eliminated realistically or mathematically by saying probably eliminated I was simply meaning by losing tonight that was probably the end as I don't see them going up and beating the Packers in Green Bay and I personally if they lose again next week and then eliminated that they will with all of his injuries just shut Baker down after a loss next week jmo.  

Even next week doesn’t eliminate the Browns with a loss. With them having a win over the Bengals, it keeps them in it. I hate to say it even if the Bengals beat the Ravens this week. There is a good chance the Bengals lose to the Chiefs the next week. Which would then take us to the last game of the year against the Browns. As long as the Browns are within a game of us going into the last game of the year, the Browns would have a chance to jump us with a win. What really sucks is the dang Steelers are still hanging around too. It’s definitely wide open and good chance to comes down to the last week of the season with everyone still having a good shot at the playoffs. 

40 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I dont know the answer to that besides tie breaker. They split with Ravens and beat the Bengals. 

Would’ve been a 3 way tie, if 1 team sweeps the other 2 is first tiebreaker, then it goes to division record:   
Bengals 3-1      
Browns 2-2    
Ravens 1-3

On 12/20/2021 at 11:27 PM, 16thBBall Fan said:

Would’ve been a 3 way tie, if 1 team sweeps the other 2 is first tiebreaker, then it goes to division record:   
Bengals 3-1      
Browns 2-2    
Ravens 1-3

On 12/20/2021 at 10:36 PM, 16thBBall Fan said:

I’ve seen that said all day, how would the Browns be ahead of the Bengals and Ravens if they had won??

Your tiebreaker thing basically only applies for the end of the year and the division record is assuming all the teams split with each that tied. Which is not the case currently. If the Browns had won yesterday, they would have been in first. They would have been in first because while the Bengals had tie breaker on the Ravens. That would put the Bengals in front of the Ravens. Then since the Browns split with the Ravens, the Bengals having the tiebreak on the Ravens helped the Browns cause that knocked the Ravens down below both teams. So then it would come down to the Bengals and Browns and since the Browns have the tiebreaker over the Bengals currently that would have technically put the Browns in first.  

That’s why even a Bengals win next week and a Browns lost doesn’t knock the Browns out. The way it is shaping up, it most likely will come down to that last game of the year between the Bengals and Browns. 

• Like 1

@futurecoach Good explanation to the break down of the AFC North.  As someone said earlier, it seems like no team wants to win the AFC North.  But that makes for an exciting end to the season for AFC North fans.  This is much better than watching Pittsburgh or Baltimore take the crown each year with not much resistance from the Ohio teams.  Yes, it's ugly, but I'm going to put the popcorn on and enjoy the fight to the end.  

• Like 1