Boyd Co. 59 Rowan Co. 48

tcat25

Boyd won by i think 10, it was a very good game though. Boyd up 1 going into the 4th quarter, Matt Daniel was cold as ice, but Boyd played hard and had a very good showing.

I haven't been to a Rowan game yet, but something isn't adding up. I'm not sure what isn't clicking, but they have enough talent to compete. For whatever reason, they're not producing at the level they should be at. I guess I'm going to have to break down and go to a game to see what is going on.

This was the 1st Rowan game I've seen and what I came away with is that Matt Daniel, despite being a very talented player, tries to take over the game and it takes too much away from his teammates. Maybe I just noticed because he was forcing some shots and missing them tonight but thats just my POV.

I haven't been to a Rowan game yet, but something isn't adding up. I'm not sure what isn't clicking, but they have enough talent to compete. For whatever reason, they're not producing at the level they should be at. I guess I'm going to have to break down and go to a game to see what is going on.

Daniel seemed to force it tonight and Thursday IMO. He was 0-alot in the 2nd half against Boyd.

This was the 1st Rowan game I've seen and what I came away with is that Matt Daniel, despite being a very talented player, tries to take over the game and it takes too much away from his teammates. Maybe I just noticed because he was forcing some shots and missing them tonight but thats just my POV.

Your view was my view too.

Found the Boyd v. Rowan box score

BOYD COUNTY (59) – Branham 5, Selby 14, Mayhew 10, Bi. Blanton 19, Stephens 3, Br. Blanton, Bryant 4, Crisp 4. FT: 8-18. 3-Point FGs: 5 (Blanton 3, Branham, Stephens). PF: 10.

ROWAN COUNTY (48) – Martin 18, M. Daniel 10, Rodgers 12, Pettit 4, Howard, D. Daniel 2, Fouch, Callihan 2. FT: 10-11. 3-Point FGs: 4 (Rodgers 2, Martin 2). PF: 18.

BOYD COUNTY 7 21 14 17 -- 59

ROWAN COUNTY 14 13 14 7 -- 48

It's good to see Billy Blanton bounce back from a horrible shooting game against Ashland (1-11 from the field) to putting up 19 against a solid Rowan County team and hitting some big 3 pointers.

That was a huge factor IMO. Get somebody hitting jumpers outside, Mr. Selbey looms large.

Awfully opinionated in the previous past raising up Rowan's stock for someone that hasnt been to a game yet.....Lets face it things at Rowan have not been that great for the past few years...About time for a change there....:thumb:

Awfully opinionated in the previous past raising up Rowan's stock for someone that hasnt been to a game yet.....Lets face it things at Rowan have not been that great for the past few years...About time for a change there....:thumb:

I support my local teams just like you REDblood.