South Warren 47 South Oldham 13

The game wasn't nearly as close as the score indicates. Kickoff return for a TD was the only thing SO did in the first half. 2nd stringers went in for SW 3 min after the half. SO had to resort to passing since the Spartans shut down the run.

22 minutes ago, Spartandad said:

The game wasn't nearly as close as the score indicates. Kickoff return for a TD was the only thing SO did in the first half. 2nd stringers went in for SW 3 min after the half. SO had to resort to passing since the Spartans shut down the run.

I don’t think the score indicates it was close.

• Haha 1
31 minutes ago, Brown said:

I don’t think the score indicates it was close.

You're right,, it wasn't close. I'm just trying to give perspective. And I mean no disrespect to a SO team that had a good season and made it to the 3rd round of playoffs. They have good size and great potential for next year. They've been able to move the ball pretty well all season too. I was commenting more on how well SW's 1st team defense stifled anything that SO brought. If the Spartans can play like that next week, Woodford will have their hands full.

In the same way, the win over BG 28-3 last week was a much closer game than the score indicated.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Spartandad said:

You're right,, it wasn't close. I'm just trying to give perspective. And I mean no disrespect to a SO team that had a good season and made it to the 3rd round of playoffs. They have good size and great potential for next year. They've been able to move the ball pretty well all season too. I was commenting more on how well SW's 1st team defense stifled anything that SO brought. If the Spartans can play like that next week, Woodford will have their hands full.

In the same way, the win over BG 28-3 last week was a much closer game than the score indicated.

Districts 3 and 4 were overmatched by 1 and 2 this year. SW is a load.  I look for SW to play a great game this upcoming Friday.