Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Barry Zito A Giant

Featured Replies

Barry Zito is now a San Francisco Giant. They have reached an agreement on a $126 million, seven-year contract.

 

Zito a Giant

I'm just glad the Mets didn't get him. Crazy to pay a pitcher that much who hasn't been that great over the last couple of seasons.

WOW thats a lot of money. Does this make the Giants a serious threat now?

I'm just glad the Mets didn't get him. Crazy to pay a pitcher that much who hasn't been that great over the last couple of seasons.
I guess it depends on what you define as great.

 

Zito has been among the most durable pitchers in the majors, making 34 or more starts and throwing 210 or more innings in six straight seasons.

He was 16-10 with a 3.83 ERA last season and has a 102-63 career record with a 3.55 ERA. Zito won the 2002 AL Cy Young Award after going 23-5.

 

I would consider that top of the heap in todays pitching market.

Maybe win their division, but not having Scmidt anymore, means that is as far as they can go.

I guess it depends on what you define as great.

 

 

 

I would consider that top of the heap in todays pitching market.

 

 

W-L ERA

2000 Oak 7-4 2.72

2001 Oak 17-8 3.49

2002 Oak 23-5 2.75

2003 Oak 14-12 3.30

2004 Oak 11-11 4.48

2005 Oak 14-13 3.86

2006 Oak 16-10 3.83

 

Looks pretty subpar to me. Since he won the CY young in 2002 his era has increased and he has had 10+ losses in each of the seasons. IMO it's not worth $126 million.

His record isn't all that impressive, but Barry Zito is one of the best pitchers in the game today.

 

He's also my favorite pitcher in the game. :D

Subpar? Wow...
That's what I was thinking.
His record isn't all that impressive, but Barry Zito is one of the best pitchers in the game today.

 

He's also my favorite pitcher in the game. :D

His record isn't impressive that's a given. But if you've watched Barry Zito pitch then you will know that his curve ball hasn't been the same over the last couple of years. In the AL hitters had gotten used to it and adjusted. Last year he looked better and had seemed to be getting his groove back. I like Zito, don't get me wrong but I think it's a crazy amount to spend on a pitcher who hasn't been the same since 2002. Hopefully he will work out for the giants and live up to his contract.

Subpar? Wow...

I didn't mean "subpar" I meant average. I was typing too quickly.. He hasn't been subpar but hasn't been above average either.

04 is the only season that could possibly be considered "subpar"...

05 wasn't that great either. Almost a 4 era. His mechanics had been dwindling since Peterson had been gone. I'm saying he didn't deserve that contract for the stats he has put up over the last couple of years.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.