Daith Piercing

My daughter has recently been diagnosed with migraine headaches. She spent a week at UK hospital while they ran tests and tried to break a severe migraine she was having. Thankfully nothing came back out of the ordinary so they believe it is just migraines. Doing research and talking to some people it seems a daith piercing can help relieve symptoms. The issue is she plays basketball. Is there any exemptions that would allow a piercing to remain in if for medical reasons?

8 hours ago, random925 said:

My daughter has recently been diagnosed with migraine headaches. She spent a week at UK hospital while they ran tests and tried to break a severe migraine she was having. Thankfully nothing came back out of the ordinary so they believe it is just migraines. Doing research and talking to some people it seems a daith piercing can help relieve symptoms. The issue is she plays basketball. Is there any exemptions that would allow a piercing to remain in if for medical reasons?

Generally officials wont allow her to have a piercing during the game.  I've seen kids multiple times hide a piercing with a flesh colored band aid.  Sometimes it works and sometimes they will catch it.  That spot might be difficult to cover up and not be noticeable.  I wouldn't be surprised if they WONT allow for an exemptions.  Hopefully I'm wrong or you can find another way.  Hate to see young kids not able to play sports.  Best of Luck!