Russell vs. Ashland Predictions/Updates

GOREDDEVILS

Russell vs. Ashland  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/15/2021 at 11:30 PM

Ashland travels to Russell for a district and Rivalry matchup on Friday. Ashland has wins over Boyd County 10-7,  West Jessamine 58-21, Bourbon County 58-14, Elizabethtown 35-28,East Carter 31-20 and losses to Raceland 16-7, George Washington ,WV 35-21,Covid loss to Wheelersburg,OH.

Russell has wins over Boone County 19-6, Raceland 28-18, Montgomery County 38-21, Greenup County 34-7 and Losses to Wheelersburg, OH 35-16, Lawrence County 39-28, Paul Laurence Dunbar 42-10.

Who gets the win?

3 hours ago, tomcat1984 said:

Should be a game like we had in the early 80’s always knock down drag out fight till the end. If Ashland avoids the dumb penalties it may come down to a FG at the end.

Lycans is a weapon. I'll be surprised if he's not a big factor in this game.

Knock down, drag out fight could describe most of the games in the rivalry from the late 70s through the mid 00s. It used to be the game of the year in the area, every year. I'd love to see it get back to that, consistently. It's been seven years since Russell beat Ashland, but it feels like twice as long to me.

When I was at Ashland we played Russell on homecoming every other year and we lost both times during the early 80’s but I think it may have been homecoming for you guys too when we visited so it always got hyped big that week almost as much as Ashland vs Boyd but as far as filling up Putnam the Russell and Ironton games would be standing room only crowds. 

• Like 1

Neither team is as good as they were last year, but Ashland seems to be rounding into a better form than Russell. I'm still not sure about the Devils. I haven't watched them much this season.

Russell's been a little soft on the offensive line and Ashland's d-line is stout. That was the position they returned the most from. That battle could decide the war this week.

Lycans could be the x-factor, but so could Ricky Padron. He does a little bit of everything.

I don't know how good Ashland's secondary is, but Russell has guys that can hurt you in the passing game. The throws just need to be on target.