Woodford County vs. Collins Predictions/Updates

Jackets vs. Titans   

20 members have voted

1. 1. The winner will be...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/15/2021 at 11:00 PM

5pwoyz.thumb.jpg.be52d824d9191440ddf5ec22104d4dd5.jpg 

High powered offenses collide in Versailles

Records: Woodford County (7-0), Collins (6-1)

BGP Ranking: Woodford County (#4 in 5A), Collins (unranked in 5A)

Series History: Woodford County leads 2-0 all-time

Table Setter: Woodford County remains unbeaten through seven games, but not without having to break a sweat here and there. Last week's 56-20 win over Madison Southern is deceiving on the surface. The Yellow Jackets clung to a one possession lead at halftime and didn't get separation until the fourth quarter. It took longer than expected, but Woodford's potent offense, which averages 49 points a contest, eventually woke up. Bryce Patterson, Preston Stacy, Aden Nelson and Co. are hard to contain for four quarters.

If there's a threat in the district to Woodford's dream season, Collins is it. The Titans are quietly putting together a great year behind a potent offense of its own, one that averages 44 points per game. The catalyst for that explosion is star receiver turned star quarterback Kenyon Goodin. He's averaging 326 yards per game of total offense and has accounted for a state leading 37 touchdowns. Goodin is having the best season no one knows about, though Woodford County certainly remembers him from last year. He smoked the Jackets for 200 yards receiving and three touchdowns in defeat.

If there's an element of this game to watch closely, it's the Woodford County run game versus Collins' front seven. The Titans have been run on this year.

1 hour ago, DevilMayCare said:

5pwoyz.thumb.jpg.be52d824d9191440ddf5ec22104d4dd5.jpg 

High powered offenses collide in Versailles

Records: Woodford County (7-0), Collins (6-1)

BGP Ranking: Woodford County (#4 in 5A), Collins (unranked in 5A)

Series History: Woodford County leads 2-0 all-time

Table Setter: Woodford County remains unbeaten through seven games, but not without having to break a sweat here and there. Last week's 56-20 win over Madison Southern is deceiving on the surface. The Yellow Jackets clung to a one possession lead at halftime and didn't get separation until the fourth quarter. It took longer than expected, but Woodford's potent offense, which averages 49 points a contest, eventually woke up. Bryce Patterson, Preston Stacy, Aden Nelson and Co. are hard to contain for four quarters.

If there's a threat in the district to Woodford's dream season, Collins is it. The Titans are quietly putting together a great year behind a potent offense of its own, one that averages 44 points per game. The catalyst for that explosion is star receiver turned star quarterback Kenyon Goodin. He's averaging 326 yards per game of total offense and has accounted for a state leading 37 touchdowns. Goodin is having the best season no one knows about, though Woodford County certainly remembers him from last year. He smoked the Jackets for 200 yards receiving and three touchdowns in defeat.

If there's an element of this game to watch closely, it's the Woodford County run game versus Collins' front seven. The Titans have been run on this year.

This will be the 3rd time this game has been played in Versailles, as last years game was moved due to issues with Collin’s field. 

Woodford is better team, and more talented. I would argue even better coached at this time due to a more balanced offensive attack and aggressive defense. I do think collins will create some trouble for the Woodford defense, which to me is suspect..

Unfortunately Woodford's schedule is soft outside of scheduling Franklin Co. Their regular season schedule does nothing to prepare them for the playoffs. With that being said I do think they make it to the 3rd round but from there it's big boy football. We will find out what they are made of. I'm a big fan of their QB Patterson - great kid with a cannon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tigerallamerican said:

Unfortunately Woodford's schedule is soft outside of scheduling Franklin Co. Their regular season schedule does nothing to prepare them for the playoffs. With that being said I do think they make it to the 3rd round but from there it's big boy football. We will find out what they are made of. I'm a big fan of their QB Patterson - great kid with a cannon. 

Woodford's playoff hopes all hinge on that RPI, if they can keep #1 seed in 5A, they could very well sneak into the 4th round, or championship game. Their offense gives em a helluva chance, but the defense isn't good enough to stop the top 3-4 5A teams.

• Like 1