Notre Dame Academy 2 Beechwood 1 (Penalty Kicks)

rjal

22 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

I love all of this excitement around a soccer game, warms my heart.  

We also have a boys' soccer forum, you should check it out, I have been talking to myself in there for nearly 3 months.  I could use the company.  

"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. "  See?  The isolation in there is killing me.  

And you do an excellent job!  The boys 9th Region tournament will be unbelievable!  I can’t wait.  I hope to catch a game or 2.  Hopefully there will be a Birds doubleheader on Saturday next week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

@Colonels_Wear_Blue. In soccer you dont count each PK as a goal in final score, if it was 1-1 going into kicks and NDA won kicks then its just 1 more goal total for them in final score, so it was correct with a 2-1 final score.

Unless your title is referring to the kicks from the mark total.

Okay, haha, I *thought* that was the case, but I had a couple of folks tell me privately that it was 3-2 final score last night so I second-guessed and changed that in the thread title.

• Colonels_Wear_Blue changed the title to Notre Dame Academy 2 Beechwood 1 (Penalty Kicks)
4 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

I would say that Ryle is probably cut from a similar cloth.  Unfortunately, the Birds didn’t see Ryle this season but based on their results I have to assume they play a very similar style.  Staunch defense, great keeper but no offensive firepower to have multiple attacking opportunities. I think @Big Redmentioned this before when Ryle played NDA.

I forget who mentioned it earlier but for one shining moment a team might win a game like this but this strategy I don’t think is a strategy that will go far in a single elimination run which we are heading into.

Just my opinion….

Ryle does have a legit offensive threat.  One of the Griffin twins is committed to Xavier.  Beechwood does not have a player like her in the midfield.

• Thanks 1