3. Owensboro at Ohio County 

4. Woodford County at 6A #10 Oldham County

5. Covington Catholic vs. #9 Cooper 

6. Southwestern at 4A Lincoln County 

7. Highlands at 6A Dixie Heights

8. Graves County vs. Breckinridge County

9. Cooper at #5 Covington Catholic

10. Bowling Green vs. Father Ryan (TN)

Highlands at 7 even after two straight losses? Including getting basically dominated at home by Ryle in a game that wasn’t even as close as the final score indicated?

9 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Highlands at 7 even after two straight losses? Including getting basically dominated at home by Ryle in a game that wasn’t even as close as the final score indicated?

I think they are a couple of places too high too. 

8 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Let's hear your case for Graves and/or Cooper ahead of them. 

• Like 2

Just now, TheDeuce said:

With Cooper I think the head to head with Ryle tells me what I need to know.  I can't speak on Graves but generally speaking I believe Highlands is too high.  This past week I thought they looked bad, worse than at any other point this season.  I wonder if they are wearing down.

• Like 1

Just now, TheDeuce said:

A seven point difference isn't enough for me to definitively say Cooper is better than Highlands right now. 

I understand on the scoring differential and me either but my best guess is Cooper is superior at this point in time. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, theguru said:

With Cooper I think the head to head with Ryle tells me what I need to know.  I can't speak on Graves but generally speaking I believe Highlands is too high.  This past week I thought they looked bad, worse than at any other point this season.  I wonder if they are wearing down.

Are they injured? Having a Covid run? Could be lots of things that effect a 2 week window. 

2 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Two common opponents. Both beat Campbell pretty easily. Highlands beat Campbell 42 to 7, Cooper won 34 to 0. Both played home games against Ryle. Highlands basically got dominated by Ryle. While the Cooper vs Ryle game was a tightly contested game throughout, with a goal line stand by Ryle being the difference. Then I was told two weeks ago last year results still matter. Well both Highlands and Cooper returned a decent amount from last year. Both seem to be better than last year, however including last year Cooper went to Highlands and beat them 48 to 21. So if last year still matters like some have said, then that should play a part. If last year doesn’t matter anymore, then honestly the Ryle results should play a role in the rankings. 

We eventually will get to see Cooper and Highlands play. Which it should be a very good game, and could go either way. It just seems Highlands still gets ranked higher than some more based off their name, than what actually has taken place. 

8 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

A seven point difference isn't enough for me to definitively say Cooper is better than Highlands right now. 

I think anyone who saw the Ryle vs Highlands game would say the game wasn’t as close the final score shows. It was complete domination by Ryle in that game. 

2 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

I think anyone who saw the Ryle vs Highlands game would say the game wasn’t as close the final score shows. It was complete domination by Ryle in that game. 

Domination is subjective. I will very rarely say someone was dominated in a 14 point game. That is a difference of two plays. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Both played home games against Ryle. Highlands basically got dominated by Ryle. While the Cooper vs Ryle game was a tightly contested game throughout, with a goal line stand by Ryle being the difference.

Just because the Ryle/Cooper game was "tightly contested" doesn't make Cooper better than Highlands. Maybe Ryle didn't play as well against Cooper as they did against Highlands?

Cooper very well may be better than Highlands, but there's nothing (IMO) that says they should be ranked ahead of them yet. 

9 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Just because the Ryle/Cooper game was "tightly contested" doesn't make Cooper better than Highlands. Maybe Ryle didn't play as well against Cooper as they did against Highlands?

Cooper very well may be better than Highlands, but there's nothing (IMO) that says they should be ranked ahead of them yet. 

The Battle of Union is a big deal here in Boone County. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

I wouldn't go with complete domination but definitely domination.  What I watched wasn't even close. 

• Like 1