BluegrassPreps Class 5A Football Rankings 9/20

TheDeuce

8 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

I have given facts to, and just using some of the same replies you all have used to the facts. Which when talking about last year, which you had said matters. I brought up a fact that Cooper beat Highlands 48 to 21. You come back with well maybe Highlands just had an off day that day to fit your viewpoint. Then @TheDeuce on the fact that Cooper played Ryle much better than what Highlands did. Brought up that well maybe Ryle had an off day. 

So you have both used that off day argument. So it is fair to say that Bowling Green may have just had a off day, when Highlands won, to counter the whole using the Highlands win as why they are ranked higher. 

FC, on this one, you are trying too hard to make your viewpoint stand up. The best argument for Cooper is their win over Dixie. I am unbiased on this. To me, Cooper doesn't have enough on their resume yet to make a clear case to be above Highlands. It is close between them but Highlands has done more at this point than Cooper IMO.

2 hours ago, NKYBOOSTER said:

Not to mention highlands did drop 2 touchdown passes and 1 pick 6 and another player dropped an int so I really don’t think they were dominated like that I agree with you @TheDeuce

And not to mention they are missing some players and Welch is out for the season so they will have a lot of people stepping up to play varsity just like a freshman was playing rb Friday night and Dunn is out with a concussion now.

RPI:

1 Woodford County 5A 7 5 - 0     5 1.01513 .37612 .73704 .70805
2 Graves County 5A 1 4 - 1     5 .81124 .64371 .59524 .68780
3 Frederick Douglass 5A 6 5 - 0     5 1.15002 .21282 .69345 .68503
4 Greenwood 5A 2 5 - 0     5 .89555 .44745 .54686 .63411
5 Great Crossing 5A 6 5 - 0     5 .92901 .30987 .61554 .61827
6 Cooper 5A 5 3 - 1     5 .79001 .41595 .58984 .59904
7 North Laurel 5A 8 4 - 0     5 .74427 .53960 .48666 .59535
8 South Warren 5A 2 3 - 1     5 .76001 .45758 .54993 .59113
9 Bowling Green 5A 2 3 - 2     5 .63390 .55146 .58288 .58974
10 Owensboro 5A 1 4 - 1     5 .79153 .40778 .56486 .58922
11 Southwestern 5A 8 3 - 1     5 .73000 .48421 .51284 .57883
12 Highlands 5A 5 3 - 2     5 .66001 .43029 .65228 .57729
13 Covington Catholic 5A 5 2 - 3     5 .38124 .64594 .59843 .53904

10 minutes ago, NKYBOOSTER said:

Not to mention highlands did drop 2 touchdown passes and 1 pick 6 and another player dropped an int so I really don’t think they were dominated like that I agree with you @TheDeuce

Thanks for the insight. That definitely sheds a little more light on the "domination" of that game. 

13 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

I have given facts to, and just using some of the same replies you all have used to the facts. Which when talking about last year, which you had said matters. I brought up a fact that Cooper beat Highlands 48 to 21. You come back with well maybe Highlands just had an off day that day to fit your viewpoint. Then @TheDeuce on the fact that Cooper played Ryle much better than what Highlands did. Brought up that well maybe Ryle had an off day. 

So you have both used that for that argument. So it is fair to say that Bowling Green may have just had a off day, when Highlands won, to counter the whole using the Highlands win as why they are ranked higher. 

I think Highlands was +4 in turnovers vs Bowling Green. That's a factor.  

Injuries have been a factor for Highlands too. 

4 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

FC, on this one, you are trying too hard to make your viewpoint stand up. The best argument for Cooper is their win over Dixie. I am unbiased on this. To me, Cooper doesn't have enough on their resume yet to make a clear case to be above Highlands. It is close between them but Highlands has done more at this point than Cooper IMO.

My argument has been more on Highlands rankings from the beginning and how it is more for the name, and then people picking and choosing what arguments to use to try to justify it and not acting like it isn’t because of their name. Just like two weeks ago more picking and choosing when to use different things. Using last years results for a .500 team to try to justify a ranking. Then using last years results against say Cooper, but then when mentioned Cooper beating Highlands last year 48 to 21. You come back and say well Highlands just had a bad day and ignore than fact. You are trying to present things at facts, but yet you also have pick and choose which facts to use, and which facts to ignore and use a different argument to try to use to fit your viewpoint. It really does work both ways. 

I believe the Highlands vs Cooper game should be a very good game and could go either way. With that said do I believe the Highlands name is the biggest reason for their ranking to start this year and where they are at this moment. Absolutely. 

12 minutes ago, NKYBOOSTER said:

And not to mention they are missing some players and Welch is out for the season so they will have a lot of people stepping up to play varsity just like a freshman was playing rb Friday night and Dunn is out with a concussion now

Injuries and even quarantines is something unfortunately everyone is dealing with this year. Highlands is not alone in that aspect. 

26 minutes ago, NKYBOOSTER said:

Not to mention the pass Ryle dropped right before the half that would have put Ryle inside Highlands 20. Or the pass in the second half, where a Ryle receiver was two yards past the deepest Highlands guy but ball bounced right off the receivers finger tips. Or the ball that hit the receiver right in the hands at the end of the game that was dropped in the end zone by Ryle. Or the other few times Ryle was in Highlands red zone but failed to capitalize. 

The game never was in doubt for Ryle basically right from the start. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Luckily, most of this will get worked out in the coming weeks. 

Great opportunity for discussion in the meantime. 

Agreed! Always a fun discussion, because at the end of the day none of these rankings truly matter. These games will be played out on the field and should be some very good games that could go either way. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Luckily, most of this will get worked out in the coming weeks. 

Great opportunity for discussion in the meantime. 

2 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Agreed! Always a fun discussion, because at the end of the day none of these rankings truly matter. These games will be played out on the field and should be some very good games that could go either way. 

Yes! Yes!

And this is a fun high school football season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, futurecoach said:

Not to mention the pass Ryle dropped right before the half that would have put Ryle inside Highlands 20. Or the pass in the second half, where a Ryle receiver was two yards last the deepest Highlands guy but ball bounced right off the receivers finger tips. Or the ball that hit the receiver right in the hands at the end of the game that was dropped in the end zone by Ryle. Or the other few times Ryle was in Highlands red zone but failed to capitalize. 

The game never was in doubt for Ryle basically right from the start. 

Exactly so you can’t say they got dominated only winning by 14 😂😂😂 if 14 is dominated then we’ll everybody is getting dominated.

1 minute ago, NKYBOOSTER said:

Exactly so you can’t say they got dominated only winning by 14 😂😂😂 if 14 is dominated then we’ll everybody is getting dominated 

When a team is really never even in contention throughout, then yes that is almost like being dominated because you never really were in the game. It wasn’t like it was a game where it was close and Ryle pulled away at the end to get up two scores. Ryle was comfortably up two to three scores much of the game and was very close to go up four scores at one point. 

• Like 2