Will Pikeville put a running clock on Belfry?

Bac2369

Running clock on Belfry?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Running clock on Belfry?

• Yes
    • No

Pikeville will win comfortably but I don’t think they put a running clock on them. I’m all for scheduling tough but I think Belfry scheduled to tough this year. Playing tough teams can get you ready for playoff time but when you get beat down every game it can ruin your confidence to the point it’s hard to recover. That being said if you schedule like this you better make sure you have the talent coming in to back it up.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

Pikeville will win comfortably but I don’t think they put a running clock on them. I’m all for scheduling tough but I think Belfry scheduled to tough this year. Playing tough teams can get you ready for playoff time but when you get beat down every game it can ruin your confidence to the point it’s hard to recover. That being said if you schedule like this you better make sure you have the talent coming in to back it up.

Belfry’s problem is not unlike Johnson Central’s - they are always a state title contender, it’s a million miles from anywhere, and nobody but the absolute best teams will take a call to schedule a game against them. It shows up really bad when the talent takes a dip. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Belfry’s problem is not unlike Johnson Central’s - they are always a state title contender, it’s a million miles from anywhere, and nobody but the absolute best teams will take a call to schedule a game against them. It shows up really bad when the talent takes a dip. 

….and, I’m sure it wasn’t their choice to schedule like this.  As we all know, when it comes to scheduling? It takes two to tango.  

Team A can want to play Team(s) B, C, D, E, F, G that aren’t a murderers row all they want, but if those teams don’t want to play you? Kick rocks and find games.  

In there case?  Outside of district opponents? I’m not sure what schools in their area, outside of the rivalry/county battle would want to play Belfry (obviously).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Harry Doyle said:

….and, I’m sure it wasn’t their choice to schedule like this.  As we all know, when it comes to scheduling? It takes two to tango.  

Team A can want to play Team(s) B, C, D, E, F, G that aren’t a murderers row all they want, but if those teams don’t want to play you? Kick rocks and find games.  

In there case?  Outside of district opponents? I’m not sure what schools in their area, outside of the rivalry/county battle would want to play Belfry (obviously).

That’s the problem when you’re successful but just like with other successful teams around the state no one is going to feel sorry for Belfry I’m sure there are a lot of neighboring teams and coaches really enjoying Belfrys struggles this year.