4. Manual vs. North Hardin

5. Bryan Station -- OPEN

6. Daviess County vs. 5A #2 Owensboro 

7. Ballard vs. 5A South Oldham

8. Henderson County vs. 5A Christian County

9. Dixie Heights vs. 5A Conner

10. Ryle at 5A Cooper

• Like 2

I agree that they are on the cusp.  I thought the modified practice with Ballard showed a lot about this OC team, along with the scrimmage with Ryle.  OC went into half down by 7 I believe and had alot of momentum, then the storm came in and the other half was canceled.  The Simon Kenton was a slow start for OC but came around and won. A slow start for the first 6 minutes of the Shelby county game then put everything together and won big.  

If OC fixes the slow starts then I could see them in the top 10.

I am looking forward to Saturdays game against Fern Creek which is usually loaded with athlete’s. 

I am excited to see if sophomore running back Caden Sheppard can be the rushing leader for this game as well.  The past 2 years seems like QB Sam Young had to be the rushing leader.  If Sheppard can keep Young’s legs fresh we may see him (Young) rise to be one of the best QBs in the state this year, with big play makers like sophomore Justin Ruffin and Senior Jacob Davis  catching the rock for Young.  This OC line has some wrinkles to work out but I think they will be pretty good by the time the meet Bryan Station.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OCDad said:

I agree that they are on the cusp.  I thought the modified practice with Ballard showed a lot about this OC team, along with the scrimmage with Ryle.  OC went into half down by 7 I believe and had alot of momentum, then the storm came in and the other half was canceled.  The Simon Kenton was a slow start for OC but came around and won. A slow start for the first 6 minutes of the Shelby county game then put everything together and won big.  

If OC fixes the slow starts then I could see them in the top 10.

I am looking forward to Saturdays game against Fern Creek which is usually loaded with athlete’s. 

I am excited to see if sophomore running back Caden Sheppard can be the rushing leader for this game as well.  The past 2 years seems like QB Sam Young had to be the rushing leader.  If Sheppard can keep Young’s legs fresh we may see him (Young) rise to be one of the best QBs in the state this year, with big play makers like sophomore Justin Ruffin and Senior Jacob Davis  catching the rock for Young.  This OC line has some wrinkles to work out but I think they will be pretty good by the time the meet Bryan Station.

Welcome to BGP @OCDad!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1