Covington Holy Cross at Walton-Verona Predictions/Updates

nkypete

Who wins between Walton-Verona and Covington Holy Cross?   

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins between Walton-Verona and Covington Holy Cross?

• Walton-Verona
    • Covington Holy Cross

Walton-Verona (0-1) travels to Covington Holy Cross (1-0). Please use poll to vote on who you believe to be in the winner of the game Friday night. Use this thread to post pre-game comments and predictions as well as updates during the game. Once the game begins, you can also follow live stats, box score, and play-by-play at the link below:

Walton-Verona Bearcats at Holy Cross Indians Football | 8/27/2021 7:00:00 PM | Digital Scout live sports scores and stats

Sooooo....can the Tribe put together back-to-back wins for the first time since (checks notes) 2016?!

Likely not, I'm guessing.  HC put the same beatdown on Bellevue last year and proceeded to rattle off 6 straight losses.  Walton-Verona is always good and would seem to be at a different level entirely.

Hope I'm wrong.  Would love to see a bounce back season for the Indians as they celebrate the 10-yr anniversary of their 2011 State Title.

-CardinalsFan

• Like 1

Just now, CardinalsFan said:

Sooooo....can the Tribe put together back-to-back wins for the first time since (checks notes) 2016?!

Likely not, I'm guessing.  HC put the same beatdown on Bellevue last year and proceeded to rattle off 6 straight losses.  Walton-Verona is always good and would seem to be at a different level entirely.

Hope I'm wrong.  Would love to see a bounce back season for the Indians as they celebrate the 10-yr anniversary of their 2011 State Title.

-CardinalsFan

Wow, an official @CardinalsFansighting! 

5 minutes ago, CardinalsFan said:

LOL...haven't been around in quite a while.  Glad to be back patrolling the boards a little bit.  Three in High School so really been busy.

Hope all is well with you Guru.

-CardinalsFan

Oh yeah, life is good, I like being busy. 🙂

• Like 1

Ok, it has changed again!  Game is now Saturday, August 28 at 7:00 p.m. but now is being played at Walton-Verona.  Walton-Verona now becomes the home team.  Next year, Holy Cross will be the home team when the teams meet again.  Tomorrow's heat index at 1:00 p.m. is predicted to be over 100 which makes it impossible to play at that time.

• Thanks 1

• theguru changed the title to Covington Holy Cross at Walton-Verona Predictions/Updates
3 hours ago, nkypete said:

Ok, it has changed again!  Game is now Saturday, August 28 at 7:00 p.m. but now is being played at Walton-Verona.  Walton-Verona now becomes the home team.  Next year, Holy Cross will be the home team when the teams meet again.  Tomorrow's heat index at 1:00 p.m. is predicted to be over 100 which makes it impossible to play at that time.

The HC kicker will be playing on the All A regional soccer finals at 1230 so it works out well.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2021 at 1:13 PM, CardinalsFan said:

-CardinalsFan

WV was not good in their opener. This isn't a no brainer for the Bearcats IMO.