Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CCH 41 NCC 36

Featured Replies

Yes, they struggled from the foul line last year including the All-A game whereby I believe they missed a record number. What do you do to correct it?

 

In think Coach Brannen's comments in the paper today are a start--"We'll be in the gym tomorrow shooting free throws, until we each make 100. I don't care if it takes until Christmas Eve"!!

I don't know how to correct ft shooting since I've never really struggled. lol I guess hire Skip Goley sp?, he's local. Just hard to understand, you only need a ball and a hoop to practice the game's easiest shot, what gives?

 

One kid actually missed the rim TO THE RIGHT and it only hit the backboard.

 

Many/most were not close to being successful.

Its the same from grade school ball all the way to High school... you win with strong guard play. It doesnt matter how big of a stud you have down low.. if you cannot bring the ball down the floor and feed him he is useless. From what I am reading on BGP, NCC has very weak guards. Bring up the Frosh Pangallo....from what I hear he is a ballhandling wizard and would be good to get his teeth cut this early.

Its the same from grade school ball all the way to High school... you win with strong guard play. It doesnt matter how big of a stud you have down low.. if you cannot bring the ball down the floor and feed him he is useless. From what I am reading on BGP, NCC has very weak guards. Bring up the Frosh Pangallo....from what I hear he is a ballhandling wizard and would be good to get his teeth cut this early.

 

That's not the answer at this time. One thing you have to remember is that the current guards are just now getting Varsity play so there is room for improvement. I refer back to 2003 when Krebs and Zimmerman couldn't get the ball up the floor in a 56-40 loss at home to Newport and then a month later had improved so much that they had absolutely no problems in a 57-38 win over Newport in the All-A. With the lack of practice time its kind of a learn on the job thing.

Its the same from grade school ball all the way to High school... you win with strong guard play. It doesnt matter how big of a stud you have down low.. if you cannot bring the ball down the floor and feed him he is useless. From what I am reading on BGP, NCC has very weak guards. Bring up the Frosh Pangallo....from what I hear he is a ballhandling wizard and would be good to get his teeth cut this early.

 

Which one is Pangallo? When I saw the NCC/Highlands game I was thinking how the JV guards seemed like they could be more effective on the varsity squad than what I was seeing from the starting varsity guards. The blonde haired kid - Number 15 is an excellent player. Is he Pangallo? If not, does anyone know what his name is? He'd be playing varsity if I had anything to say about it. I see by the NCC website that he's pictured with the Frosh and JV, but I think he's ready for varsity. Can't wait to see his developement. And no doubt....NCC needs to practice a whole lot on their free throws. It's painful to watch them throw up so many bricks. I agree that guards mean alot but if Zak doesn't come back it'll be a long season for the Breds. I'd hate to see that because I'd like to see NCC throw their hat in the ring too by season's end.

Which one is Pangallo? The blonde haired kid - Number 15 is an excellent player. Is he Pangallo?
If he is somebody better check out the mail man!

 

I've never known a Pangallo to be issued blonde hair.

 

I think blonde hair and Pangallo is one of those oxymorons! ;)

If he is somebody better check out the mail man!

 

I've never known a Pangallo to be issued blonde hair.

 

I think blonde hair and Pangallo is one of those oxymorons! ;)

Just because there were 426 of them previously with dark hair, doesn't mean they can't change, haha.
In think Coach Brannen's comments in the paper today are a start--"We'll be in the gym tomorrow shooting free throws, until we each make 100. I don't care if it takes until Christmas Eve"!!
I guess they made them b/c when I spoke to Grant around 8 tonight he wasn't still at practice so things are looking up.;)
Just because there were 426 of them previously with dark hair, doesn't mean they can't change, haha.
All of the blond headed Pangallos come to Brossart and the dark haired ones go to NCC.
If he is somebody better check out the mail man!

 

I've never known a Pangallo to be issued blonde hair.

 

I think blonde hair and Pangallo is one of those oxymorons! ;)

 

I don't know if he is #15 or not because I havent seen them play. I can only tell you a friend watche the HHS/NCC JV game he told me that Grant Pangallo gave them the spark they needed and brought them back into the game so I would assume that was him.

 

He is a blonde.. takes after mom. I know it is differentl seeing a blonde Pangallo. I am hearing he has his Dad Jimmy's talent as far as ballhandling and playmaking. He will definitely be a special player at NCC.

If he is somebody better check out the mail man!

 

I've never known a Pangallo to be issued blonde hair.

 

I think blonde hair and Pangallo is one of those oxymorons! ;)

 

 

posted by qryche11:

 

He is a blonde.. takes after mom. I know it is different seeing a blonde Pangallo. I am hearing he has his Dad Jimmy's talent as far as ballhandling and playmaking. He will definitely be a special player at NCC.

 

Well, I thought I might've been wrong to think that the blonde haired kid was a Pangallo. Even thought that I may suffer ridicule by asking. Mustang took care of that, but I'm happy to find that in the end one of us was wrong and it wasn't me. ;):p

posted by qryche11:

 

He is a blonde.. takes after mom. I know it is different seeing a blonde Pangallo. I am hearing he has his Dad Jimmy's talent as far as ballhandling and playmaking. He will definitely be a special player at NCC.

 

Well, I thought I might've been wrong to think that the blonde haired kid was a Pangallo. Even thought that I may suffer ridicule by asking. Mustang took care of that, but I'm happy to find that in the end one of us was wrong and it wasn't me. ;):p

Guess I didn't do a very good job of watching the grade school players last year.

 

Blonde Pangallos - What Next???

 

If he has half of his daddy's talent, he will be a good one.

 

Jimmy Pangallo was one of the absolute best - still is!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.