Another Hideous Exhibition of MLB Baseball

They started 6:40 start times back in 2019, I think.  It was only for April and May games and then again for September and October games.   Hopes were that the earlier start time would get more people to bring their kids out, even with school the next day.   But honestly, these days, 30 minutes earlier for a game is useless.  If you stay the whole 9, you still aren't getting out until close to or after 10 and not home until close to 11, if you live close.

8 hours ago, The Raven said:

They started 6:40 start times back in 2019, I think.  It was only for April and May games and then again for September and October games.   Hopes were that the earlier start time would get more people to bring their kids out, even with school the next day.   But honestly, these days, 30 minutes earlier for a game is useless.  If you stay the whole 9, you still aren't getting out until close to or after 10 and not home until close to 11, if you live close.

I'd bet a lot of times with younger ones, they aren't staying the full nine innings anyway.

On 8/21/2021 at 8:15 AM, MJAlltheWay24 said:

My guess would be they have enough data to believe they make more money by having the games at 6:40 than they do having them at 7:10.

Yeah something along the lines of.. we don't have enough time to get home and eat dinner, so we'll just grab something once we're at the park.  They're certainly hoping to see a bump in the concessions with this.

2 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

Yeah something along the lines of.. we don't have enough time to get home and eat dinner, so we'll just grab something once we're at the park.  They're certainly hoping to see a bump in the concessions with this.

If that is the case then maybe they should lower the concession prices so that families can afford to come.

On 8/22/2021 at 12:35 PM, Jack of all Trades said:

If that is the case then maybe they should lower the concession prices so that families can afford to come.

This!    The Kroger Meal Deal isn't terrible, but you have no options and everything else is way over priced.   When I take my daughter, she likes her Skyline Coney and a Coke, which ends up being like $11 or $12.