Reds vs. Rockies (6/11 - 6/13)

3 minutes ago, Mustang said:

The Colorado Rockies are an embarrassment to MLB.  I said as much the last time we played them.  Too bad their opponents get to pad their stats by playing this "dreadful" baseball team.

Please, do not give the Reds any credit.

C'mon my man, let us enjoy small victories when they happen.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Got to get wins no matter who it is. They all count in the standings. Beat the heck out of these teams and split with the good ones is a recipe for the playoffs.

Yep, agree.  HAVE to beat up on teams like this if we have any hope if postseason.  Split 4 with them in Colorado. 

15 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Yep, agree.  HAVE to beat up on teams like this if we have any hope if postseason.  Split 4 with them in Colorado. 

That is what the playoff teams do. They beat the teams they should beat. The team that has hurt the Reds is Arizona. D'Backs have the worst record in the NL and the Reds are 1-5 against them. If the Reds were 4-2 against them, they would be 1 loss behind the division  leaders.

• Like 1

I'm speaking mainly to the horrible quality of play exhibited by these "Major League" teams.

The Rockies are deplorable.  5 and closing in on 30 on the road.  In the Sunday game we throw some rookie who was just awful, and he is in position to win the game.  The guy is a slug and will get shelled next time out against better competition.  I understand that you play who is on your schedule.  It is just a shame that the level of competition, and the lack of true MLB players has fallen to this all-time low level. 

The Reds stand to win three "formality" games.  It says nothing about Cincinnati.  It speaks volumes about the competition we are playing.  Fools gold. 

• theguru changed the title to Reds vs. Rockies (6/11 - 6/13)
3 hours ago, Mustang said:

I'm speaking mainly to the horrible quality of play exhibited by these "Major League" teams.

The Rockies are deplorable.  5 and closing in on 30 on the road.  In the Sunday game we throw some rookie who was just awful, and he is in position to win the game.  The guy is a slug and will get shelled next time out against better competition.  I understand that you play who is on your schedule.  It is just a shame that the level of competition, and the lack of true MLB players has fallen to this all-time low level. 

The Reds stand to win three "formality" games.  It says nothing about Cincinnati.  It speaks volumes about the competition we are playing.  Fools gold. 

Rockies are second in the NL in batting average.