Tomcats1990

ESPNs Top Programs 2016-2021

1 hour ago, Tomcats1990 said:

Any surprises? KY and Duke lagging behind a little.

While obviously a few of these other teams also would have benefitted, but the tournament getting cancelled last year really hurt UK. As they had a team that could have went on a deep run. 

• Like 2

On 4/16/2021 at 4:25 PM, Tomcats1990 said:

Any surprises? KY and Duke lagging behind a little

Not really since the time frame is only 5 years, even the best programs have periods of blah results.  I think a more meaningful presentation would be one that ranks each decade or one that takes an average annual score for a coach over that coaches timeframe at a team.

An example of where you can make numbers say anything you want.

To me, 2 titles > 2 sweet 16's & 1 elite 8. Villanova has got 2 trophies.  I'd much rather have those than a couple extra participation ribbons that Gonzaga's got.  But that's just me.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2021 at 10:09 PM, CincySportsFan said:

To me, 2 titles > 2 sweet 16's & 1 elite 8. Villanova has got 2 trophies.  I'd much rather have those than a couple extra participation ribbons that Gonzaga's got.  But that's just me.

Villanova and North Carolina should both be ahead of Gonzaga.  No way can you be #1 without a title. 

On 4/18/2021 at 9:09 PM, CincySportsFan said:

That's not just you. That is everybody.