AP 2020 All State Team

CoachHB

The AP All State was released today.  Congratulations to all kids that made it!

I realized there was a Kid that made 1st team on BOTH O -Line & D -Line! 
Has that ever happened before?  Heard he was also the Pop Tarts Player of the Year in his region! 
Congrats to all that made the team! 

• Like 2

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/2021/04/15/kentucky-high-school-football-associated-press-2020-all-state-teams/7245827002/

FIRST TEAM OFFENSE

Quarterback: Cameron Hergott, Beechwood.

Running backs: Leetavious Cline, West Carter; Braedon Sloan, Wayne County.

Wide receivers: Jordan Dingle, Bowling Green; Dane Key, Frederick Douglass; Fred Farrier, Franklin County.

Offensive linemen: Jager Burton, Frederick Douglass; Alex Moore, Louisville Trinity; Grant Bingham, Johnson Central; William Long II, Breathitt County; Zach Mason, Boyle County; Evan Brown, Louisville Saint Xavier.

Kicker: Jackson Smith, Boyle County.

FIRST TEAM DEFENSE

Linemen: Selah Brown, Louisville Male; Tommy Ziesmer, Boyle County; William Long II, Breathitt County; Darion Dearinger, Anderson County; DeAnthony Perry, Louisville Trinity; Zane Christian, Ashland Blazer; Phillip Peiffer, Franklin County; Michael Lunz, North Hardin; Jack Dingle, Louisville Trinity; Charlie Ely, Louisville Trinity; Austin Gough, Owensboro.
Defensive backs: Jantzen Dunn, South Warren; Nick Coates, Louisville Male; Roman White, Louisville Trinity; Jordan Lovett, North Hardin; Dylan Echols, Bowling Green.

Punter: Bennett Boehnlein, Louisville Saint Xavier.

See link for 2nd team and honorable mentions.

• Thanks 1

Congrats to the Four Flyers. Farrier and Peiffer on first team, Claudio (who is a DB not  a LB) and Broyles for Honorable mention. So glad to see us recognized. To me our Coach should have been in running for COY. 

5 hours ago, DearToday said:

Congrats to all who made it but man were there some omissions... 

Unfortunately, there's always going to be.  Overall, I think they did a nice job of selecting.  The only one I was curious about and didn't even see in honorable mention (unless I just missed it) was Jawaun Northington.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Unrivaled97 said:

Unfortunately, there's always going to be.  Overall, I think they did a nice job of selecting.  The only one I was curious about and didn't even see in honorable mention (unless I just missed it) was Jawaun Northington.

I know a couple RBs both with 1500 total yards one had 14 TDs one had 20 TDS and there were some RBs with half their numbers listed as HM RB. My only gripe.