Bowling Green 57 Greenwood 49 (4th Region Finals)

This win was sewn up years ago. I remember when Buttry arrived prior to his freshman year I sized up that they were primed for a run during this year, and sure enough....

Credit Greenwood for making a game of it, but they could never get a stop when they needed to. I believe five is as close as they got in the entire second half. Bowling Green just too deep, and murdered them on the boards. 

• Like 1

I tweeted this out yesterday, but it bears repeating here:

It has been 4,762 days since a 4th Region team other than Warren Central has won a postseason game against Bowling Green.  That was Greenwood in 2008.  Since that time, Bowling Green has won a state title, seven region titles, eleven district titles, and has made the region title game 12 times.  They're 11-8 against Warren Central in that span (3-6 in elimination games), and a staggering 42-0 against everyone else in the fourth region (40-0 in elimination games).  Both Warren Central and Bowling Green likely wonder what might be if the other one was completely out of the way, but it is legit that Bowling Green could have won 13 region titles in a row by this point if Warren Central weren't around. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

I tweeted this out yesterday, but it bears repeating here:

It has been 4,762 days since a 4th Region team other than Warren Central has won a postseason game against Bowling Green.  That was Greenwood in 2008.  Since that time, Bowling Green has won a state title, seven region titles, eleven district titles, and has made the region title game 12 times.  They're 11-8 against Warren Central in that span (3-6 in elimination games), and a staggering 42-0 against everyone else in the fourth region (40-0 in elimination games).  Both Warren Central and Bowling Green likely wonder what might be if the other one was completely out of the way, but it is legit that Bowling Green could have won 13 region titles in a row by this point if Warren Central weren't around. 

WOW!!! That's an incredible stat. 

• Like 1