Marshall County 72 Graves County 59 (1st Region Quarterfinals)

The upcoming match up of McCracken County vs Marshall County would fill Racer Arena if COVID restrictions were not in place. McCracken in past meetings have been able to handle Zion fairly well, if he has 37 against them look out. If I recall correctly I think he was out when they played this year with an injury.

• Like 2

That was the most impressive game I have witnessed from Zion. We double teamed him, denied him, slapped him in the face, and he still hit every shot. Was on a whole different level last night. Will be a great matchup against McCracken. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, The Flea Market said:

Did the referees protect him?

I wouldn't say he was protected.  Harmon was only 4/4 from the stripe.  I think he went 14/19 from the field 👀.  He probably had his best game with a Marshall uniform.  If he plays similar to this on Friday, the game vs McCracken just became a whole lot more interesting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redleg13 said:

The commentators I listened to on the radio said Graves didn't double team Harmon as much as they might until the third quarter. 

Accurate. We have one of the best defenders in the region in Marcus Isaiah. Isaiah did as good as anyone possibly could the first half and he still scored 24 points. Almost every single shot was contested. He only missed 4 shots all night. One was almost at mid court. 

Third quarter we doubled him every time he touched it. He still got 23 in second half. Marshall wins region if he can repeat that two more times. I don’t know if it’s doable. 

As far as refs, he got some calls, but definitely weren’t protecting him.