Archie Miller Out at Indiana

MJAlltheWay24

3 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

If Day went 4-8 with an undisputed top 3 roster in the entire country, I could see Day not making it through. Hell if Day goes 10-2 next year there will be fans calling for his job. Some OSU fans wanted Urban gone the year they lost to Oklahoma and Iowa. I don’t think the extremism that is the Ohio State fanbase is a good comparison haha 

Day has been a head coach for two seasons. Probably not a good comparison.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

K, Self, Izzo, Williams, Wright...none of those guys would be fired for one season like this. In fact no coach that has consistently won at a high level would be fired for one bad season.

Would Day be fired if the Buckeyes went 4-8 next season? No!

19 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Yes and no. Most teams who had a coach who has been as successful as Cal has for the team for so long. Isn’t going to fire a coach after one bad year, especially when that one bad year also happened to be in a not normal year. 

Just because you and some others may have acted like the last few years before this year we’re horrible. The truth of the matter is that is not true. One shot a way from final four twice in last five years. Then another year where had a final four type team, that had its post season cancelled just last year. So no most coaches would not been fired with all that on their resume, and their bad year coming in a not normal year. 

Day has a final 4 and national title game appearance recently.  You all continue to forget that, 2015 was sort of a long time ago for Cal.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Day has a final 4 and national title game appearance recently.  You all continue to forget that, 2015 was sort of a long time ago for Cal.

Once again acting like the last 6 years have been horrible. When in fact this was the first truly bad year. Over the last 6 years Cal has had this team in the position we want UK to be in still most of those years. If he was having a bunch of first round or even first weekend exits, and then has this type of season. Then yeah it would be an interesting conversation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, futurecoach said:

Once again acting like the last 6 years have been horrible. When in fact this was the first truly bad year. Over the last 6 years Cal has had this team in the position we want UK to be in still most of those years. If he was having a bunch of first round or even first weekend exits, and then has this type of season. Then yeah it would be an interesting conversation. 

It just seems like we’re a long ways from blaming Cal for choking in final fours/national championships.  Maybe next year will be the year.

48 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

It just seems like we’re a long ways from blaming Cal for choking in final fours/national championships.  Maybe next year will be the year.

Besides the 2015 team. Which other final four or Championship did Cal choke in? 

4 hours ago, futurecoach said:

The elite eight loss to West Virginia was a massive choke job IMO. Not a final 4 or championship, but still a massive choke. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

The elite eight loss to West Virginia was a massive choke job IMO. Not a final 4 or championship, but still a massive choke. 

Besides that one, the loss to Kansas State a couple years back was the one I most look back on and think, "how in the hell did UK lose that game?" The WVU loss was at least to a top 2 seed and that was just as much about UK not making any shots (4-32 from deep, eek) than anything else.

6 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Had a cake walk to the final 4 against K-ST without there best player lost. Lost to Auburn in the elite 8 and their best player was lost the game before. Both of those loses are on CAL.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tomcats1990 said:

Had a cake walk to the final 4 against K-ST without there best player lost. Lost to Auburn in the elite 8 and their best player was lost the game before. Both of those loses are on CAL.

He stated Cal choking in final four and championship game. Which is why I asked which final four or championship did he choke in?

3 hours ago, GrantNKY said:

3 hours ago, bugatti said:

Besides that one, the loss to Kansas State a couple years back was the one I most look back on and think, "how in the hell did UK lose that game?" The WVU loss was at least to a top 2 seed and that was just as much about UK not making any shots (4-32 from deep, eek) than anything else.

2 hours ago, Tomcats1990 said:

I would say if people want to say Cal choked or lost those games. That is perfectly fine. However, how come no one ever wants to say Cal won the games like in 2011 when they beat the top overall seed in OSU in the sweet second. Or then upset UNC in the elite 8?

Or what about 2014 when Cal helped UK upset an undefeated one seed. Beat the defending National Champions who was one of the hottest teams entering the tournament in Louisville and Pitino. Doing this while WCS got injured in the first half and missed rest of the tournament. Then beating a top Michigan squad in elite 8, followed by beating a great Wisconsin squad in the final four. 

Seems like some people on here only want to remember and point out some failure and blame Cal. Yet at the same time never mention or give Cal credit when he has led his teams to win in the games mentioned. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

I would say if people want to say Cal choked or lost those games. That is perfectly fine. However, how come no one ever wants to say Cal won the games like in 2011 when they beat the top overall seed in OSU in the sweet second. Or then upset UNC in the elite 8?

Or what about 2014 when Cal helped UK upset an undefeated one seed. Beat the defending National Champions who was one of the hottest teams entering the tournament in Louisville and Pitino. Doing this while WCS got injured in the first half and missed rest of the tournament. Then beating a top Michigan squad in elite 8, followed by beating a great Wisconsin squad in the final four. 

Seems like some people on here only want to remember and point out some failure and blame Cal. Yet at the same time never mention or give Cal credit when he has led his teams to win in the games mentioned. 

You're not telling me anything. All I said was the K-State game was the only head scratcher. The improbable wins far outweigh the "questionable" losses.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, futurecoach said:

West Virginia, UConn (he got Ollie paid who’s subsequently been canned), K-State (temporarily made Bruce Weber relevant again), Wisconsin with a chance of making history, then wasn’t there an Auburn choke job recently with their best player out?

Point of the post was to get back to complaining about losing in the FF or Natty, not this current state of I don’t see UK on my bracket.

32 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

West Virginia, UConn (he got Ollie paid who’s subsequently been canned), K-State (temporarily made Bruce Weber relevant again), Wisconsin with a chance of making history, then wasn’t there an Auburn choke job recently with their best player out?

Point of the post was to get back to complaining about losing in the FF or Natty, not this current state of I don’t see UK on my bracket.

Once again that is not what I responded too. You said choking in final fours and National Title games. Hence, why I asked besides the Wisconsin game. Which final four or title lost at UK did he choke in?

1 hour ago, futurecoach said:

Once again that is not what I responded too. You said choking in final fours and National Title games. Hence, why I asked besides the Wisconsin game. Which final four or title lost at UK did he choke in?

Okay, I meant late March runs as a whole.  Doesn’t change the fact we lost all of the games I mentioned when we had the better team each time.  I just want to get back to late March runs, if it’s truly “random” we’re due for another F4 and or title.  We need to put ourselves in position to get there first.